switching to a new partial

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
after going for yet another intake interview, at yet another partial hospital program, I have decided, maybe, this one is different. Maybe....

The current partial hospital is ready to release difficult child II back to school after just 2 weeks. He is "stable". So he is ready. That is there "official" opinion.

The new program's coordinator (who is also a psychiatrist) explained today, during the 3 hour period, that it is a 6-8 week program, in which they will press difficult child II's buttons every day, on purpose, to help him to control his rage and triggers vs. waiting for him to be "stable" enough to ship him out as soon as possible, like most partial and in hospital programs.

It is know as the best partial hospital in the state complete with art, music, drama, pet & horticulture therapies and more. All for $7000.00 a day. Luckily difficult child II has State aide insurance under the highest level of care services he is receiving. So he will be able to go, he is now on the waiting list which ends sometime in June.

So that's my ramble of the day. We will see, but I am yet again fried:faint:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That program sounds very encouraging -- but YIKES! Seven grand a DAY???!!! Thanks be to God for state health benefits! I hope he gets in and I hope it's as therapeutic as it sounds.

Hmmm.... husband could do with a stint at a joint like that...

witzend

Oh, my... This sounds really hopeful, and you're very lucky to have this option. But, this isn't going to be pleasant, is it? Fasten your seatbelts! Phew!

{{{{{{{{{Big hugs}}}}}}}}}}

Christy

That's on thing about difficult children, they certainly get their money's worth out of health insurance!

Good luck with the new program, sounds encouraging.

Steely

Welp.........I like the sound of it! But I can understand why you are fried. These kids sap you of every ounce of energy, don't they?

B

butterflydreams

Yikes! That is expensive, but sounds like a wonderful program. I wish all our difficult child's could go through a program like that, perhaps then they would be more successful upon returning home. Best of luck!

Christy