Taking it slow and easy

witzend

I'm not sure what to say about how I feel about this, because I have guarded my feelings for so long.

M is living with his girlfriend, and still working at the Plaid Pantry. He has successfully bogued out on his promises to her to save 3 months salary and wants to buy a clunker car from Craigslist. He called me for advice. I told him to talk to L's boyfriend, the Auto Finance guy instead. His problem, girlfriend's problem, not mine.

He called Monday-ish to say that they were in the neighborhood and could they drop by on their way to the public swimming pool? I was at Costco and had a pizza in the cart so I told them to stay for dinner, which they did. It was pleasant, but she is a "little twitch", as my mother used to say. I think he has probably told her exaggerated and untrue horror stories about me, which again, is not my problem, and it's not like he's going to marry her so I don't really care. She seems nice enough. She works a good job. I'm just not that invested.

I also started a FaceBook page a few weeks ago and sent out selected invites, and then some more. I invited M a week or so ago. He accepted my invite yesterday. I haven't gone beyond the seeing the e-mail and doing nothing about it stage.

No advice needed, but I felt it was only fair to keep you apprised of what was going on. After all, nothing "went on" for the last 5 years... I'm fine taking five more years to build up the relationship. I'm sure that sounds awful, but I know that many of you will understand.

everywoman

One understanding mom here raising her hand in friendship. Ya know, take it slow. If things get wanky, back off. You deserve to be happy and content in your relationships.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I understand for sure. I'm on Facebook now thanks to easy child nagging me to death. But haven't extended an invite to K. Just not quite ready to do that just yet. We do our thing via MySpace and that seems enough for now.

Check out an app called Farmtown. I double dare you. You'll get hooked. Then we can be friends and farm together. :rofl:

Don't blame me, easy child got me hooked. ;)

It'll happen when it happens Witz. Hoovers, but that's the way it is. I won't stretch myself for K. I don't treat her bad, but don't go that extra umph either. Maybe it'll change with time, maybe not.

(((hugs)))

everywoman

Daisy, I'm hooked on farmtown too. I have also lured in a lot of my friends, including my daughter in law's mother. Hello, my name is Everywoman, and I am a farmtown addict :(

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Jane it's a cute little application where you get to farm, plant crops and such. And it's addictive as all get out. lol Stupid me didn't believe easy child when she told me. ;)

EW I'll have to look for you and add you. :D We'll be addicts together. :rofl:

well Witz - take it slow. That is amazing that you can be so strong for so long. Obviously you have a great way of knowing how to detach and get on with your life. Set yourself free!!! I have no idea about farmtown either? How did we get on that subject?!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Once burned, twice shy.....so three thousand times burned makes one very, very suspicious. I also took it very, very slow with Rob, Witz. It has been well worth it.

Suz

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I understand, as well. You have to follow those gut instincts, it's self-preservation.

I'm on FB, too :) PM me if you want to extend your friends list (that goes for everyone!). No farmtown here, although I *am* addicted to the Texas Hold 'em on FB!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Witz,

I think it was nice that you invited them for pizza. Actually I think it's nice that you invited them at all - food was extra touch. I'm beginning to wonder as well what Dude tells EVERYONE about me, but at this point could also care less. Every day I'm closer and closer to being over it all.

I'm not sure about Facebook - as I got 1 invite to join and thought it was a private thing and the next thing I know everyone in my email list sends me back something that said they are on my Facebook - so to the ones that did - I have no clue and apologize.

I'm of the same mind as you and Suz - once you get toasted with a blow torch it's kinda hard to be that nice fluffy marshmallow you were before you were torched.