thank you Got Bullied

susiestar

Roll With It
That means they are probably worth the money, esp if he is light sensitive. Just be sure to get the actual transitions. I rarely insist on a brand name unless I know the generic just isn't good enough to get the job done. In this case, the generic isn't going to cut it. If he does things like bike riding, skateboarding, etc... that need a certain level of vision for safety then he will NOT be happy with the cheaper photochromic lenses. He would need to wear the over the glasses or clip on sunglasses and with the amt the generics will change it will reduce the amt of light enough to make those things dangerous. I used to do that if I was riding in the car but I couldn't drive because it was just too dark with both lenses on. I hope that came through clearly.

For the amount you would pay for these glasses with transitions at the 1 hr places you can probably get 2 pr or more from the online. I just found the estimate for my bifocals from the 1 hr type place and two pr was $300 which was basically 5 pr of the ones I got. If I had added transitions (and NOT gotten them on the bifocals) then I could have still gotten 2 pr with transitions on line, or 1 pr transitions and 2 pr without.

For kids I would go for full or half rim and not rimless, and also look for either the flexible metal or spring hinge temples. Though the non-spring hinge did very well for me. The half rim have the fishing line on the bottom (problem not really, but similar) and they seem to reduce the tendency for lenses to fall out. They are also MUCH lighter, even for thin metal frames. I hope you find some that he likes and work well.