The eagle has departed

greenrene

So, early this morning, husband put difficult child on a plane with his parents, and so begins my almost-3-week vacay from teenage difficult child attitude, drama, bullying, meltdowns, and disrespect.

I love her, but she is SO hard to deal with. I am feeling blissfully peaceful. I need a break SO bad. Time to recharge my batteries, read a book, and plan for my self-watering container veggie garden.

:hapydancsmil::yess:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Enjoy each and every moment of the difficult child break!!

Once mine entered their teens, my breaks to grandma's house stopped. lol (of course, when I needed it most)

DammitJanet

LOL....enjoy. We joke around saying we will keep Keyana until she hits her teens and then we will ship her back to her parents because we know what is coming.

Star*

call 911........call 911
On a plane?

To her parents?

On way right???????????

Ohhhhhhh i did not say that!

Enjoy!

greenrene

Ha, Star! Sometimes I WISH I could send her one-way to stay with her (total difficult child, deadbeat, addicted, can't-hold-a-job, lost custody of her OTHER child too) mom for a while so she'll quit complaining about how much we totally suck and how much she hates our family. A couple of days with her mom, and I guaran-damn-TEE she'd be calling us BEGGING to come home.

It's amazing how much more peaceful it is around here... easy child 1 and I (we're her favorite targets) are in heaven.

This is REALLY making me be more and more in favor of sending her to a therapeutic boarding school. My inlaws have the means to send her to one and would be willing to fork it over, it's just that my husband (who went to boarding schools when he was younger) is pretty much dead set against it. It's a complicated situation, and I do understand and respect his position, but I think she would really benefit from it. I'm already trying to figure out a game plan for when she comes home - I don't want to lose this sense of serenity! I NEED it. I'm getting to understand more about how much difficult child is really having an effect on my mental (which leads to physical) health. Part of me feels guilty for being SO glad she's not here, but that also tells me how bad it truly is with her here... I'm in survival mode with her. That's no way to live!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think you just answered your own "Honey we need to talk" answer with your husband - REGARDLESS of how his life was - THERE IS a life with YOU and easy child 1 - and if nothing else??? THAT needs to be RESPECTED. In a case of "I don't want someone to be treated like I was? V "It's us against the world?" I'm sorry - the numbers win out - and difficult child girl would so be packing a bag -------it's not a matter of "We don't love you" it's very much a matter of -"YOu are going BECAUSE we love you." TIME for a family discussion and (enter) your health --------Nuf sed.

greenrene

Thanks Star - I think he would consider the TBS, but I also don't think that HE thinks it's bad enough (yet) to send her. He was close to it last summer when things spiraled downward with her behavior and attitude, but he still wasn't quite ready.

She's going to be a day student at a military school this next school year. I'm about 50/50 on whether or not I think it will work. I'm willing to give it a shot, with the understanding that I cannot and will not even attempt to micromanage her schoolwork in any way - all that does is invite WWIII. If it doesn't work and/or if her behavior gets worse, I'm going to start the pressure.

Lothlorien

Enjoy your break! Military school?? I'd be counting the days! She's going to probably hate it at first. Tell husband to stay strong and stick to the plan, no matter how hard she tries to work it.

greenrene

Yes, military school. It's local, so she won't be a boarding student. Reality is about to kick her squarely in the ass. For the past 3 years she's been at a Catholic school that, while a good school, I don't think they knew how to handle her. She didn't/doesn't have any friends, she barely BARELY passed, and she still has no work ethic or motivation despite our efforts. Even though she "graduated" from the 8th grade last week, she will be starting 8th grade again at the new school because she is in no way ready to start high school, nor can she handle the academics of high school (she functions on, at best, a 6th grade level). She is NOT happy about it. So we'll see.