The role she was born to play!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by tiredmommy, Aug 27, 2011.

1. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

I was hoping that we could get a few good thoughts for Duckie on Monday evening: she will be auditioning with a different community theater group for the role of Veruca Salt in Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka. It's really not much of a dramatic stretch for her, lol!
  2. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

Lol, TM! Sending positive dramatic thoughts Duckies way!
  3. TeDo

TeDo Guest

Good Thoughts coming your way! I think ANY difficult child would be great for the part of Veruca. I am so happy to hear that Duckie has a passion for acting. easy child/difficult child is into theater also. He has been in many productions and it is fun to watch him have so much fun doing it. He's in his element when he's with a theater group.

GO DUCKIE!!! Break a leg!!
  4. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed. What an awesome role that would be for her! DDD
  5. Marcie Mac

Marcie Mac Just Plain Ole Tired

Too funny :) Fingers crossed.

6. cubsgirl

cubsgirl Well-Known Member

I hope she gets it! Good Luck Duckie!
  7. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Wow...I didnt realize she was that professional already! I am so impressed that she would be able to do this sort of thing. Amazing.
  8. tiredmommy

She's not professional... just cute with an attitude, lol!
  9. keista

keista New Member

Good Luck to Duckie!

Veruka is a nickname we use very often in this house!
  10. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Good Luck Duckie!
  11. Mom2oddson

Mom2oddson Active Member

Got my fingers crossed. Hope Duckie gets the part!!
  12. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that song! When Miss KT has asked for one too many items, and I say, "Not now, Veruca," she knows that the next request will be met with dancing in the aisle and singing, "I want a feast...I want a bean feast..."
  13. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

Fingers crossed for Duckie! I am so impressed that she is willing and able to audition for another theater group than the one she is familiar with - this is a huge step for any child!! Even if it isn't much of a stretch for her as a character, it IS a stretch for any child's social skills! I hope that she gets the part, makes great friends with the members of this theater group and has a wonderful time playing Veruca!!

Let her know (if it isn't too much pressure on her) that her board aunties are rooting for her and are proud of her for trying!!
  14. Star*

Star* call 911

Perfection to perfection.........interesting inigma. NAIL IT BABY!
  15. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

Fingers crossed! Good luck duckie!!
  16. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

Fingers crossed for Duckie!
  17. ML

ML Guest

Please let her know Manster and I are in rooting for her and we are her number one Colorado fans.
  18. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Fingers crossed and good vibes being sent Duckie's way!
  19. tiredmommy

I have a bad feeling about it. :( She was in difficult child-mode this evening and arguing about every little thing. Hopefully she did better in the actual audition (it was a group audition but parents stayed out the auditoriun).
  20. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

I"m late on this.......

But keeping body parts crossed. I hope she nailed it!!!!