Uhm.....like am I the only guy here?

InsaneCdn

I don't declare my football colors... because it reveals where I live.

Cars on the other hand... which 62 Merc, and what does she have under the hood?
I don't have a classic right now... waiting for it to come available so we can fix it up "right", but...

Parker

My 62 is a Comet, it's been restored to original including the 170 ci under the hood. I was going to drop a 302 in it but decided to keep her original. Initially it was my grandfathers car but I've owned it for 27 years, I finally restored her last year.

Hmmmm.....you must be a Roughriders fan.

InsaneCdn

nope.
but you could run through the whole league and get the same answer... because...

I am NOT a sports fan. NOT EVER.

I hate sports. Especially pro sports.

back to cars - it's always a toss-up, isn't it... keep it original, or make it really fun...

Parker

Really? Like, not even hockey?

I decided to keep it original seeing that the car will be staying in the family. If my son wants to put something bigger in it when it's his, then that's his choice. Anyway, I was running out of fun coupons.

InsaneCdn

Yes, Parker. I'm Canadian and I do not like PRO hockey.
It isn't the real game anymore.
More like an excuse to have a boxing match.
With a whole bunch of overpaid buffoons (ok, this isn't just hockey it's pro sports...) on all sides (players, unions, owners, and whoeverelse... )

In the old days, when the home teams were fro the home town and played for honour... THOSE were the "real" games.

HMBgal

Ok...is it cool to talk football and cars and such? :D

Football: meh. But BASEBALL!! Proud SF Giants fan, I am, even when they were losing for years and stuck in that crappy Candlestick Park. Although, the 49ers are doing well there at the moment. And cars. Cars are cool. First car was a Chevy II three-on-a-tree with rusted out floor boards. Loved that thing. Never drove it below 70, so was constantly re-adjusting the tappets because that poor engine sounded like a loose bucket 'o bolts, which it was, come to think of it.

My husband is very active in helping with our difficult child grandson, so while he doesn't sit on here and go through the threads and would never reply (he doesn't facebook, and he hardly ever even texts), he wants to know what's going on and is interested in what other people are going through and how they are managing. He was an employee assistance rep in his work, so he's always been interested in helping people, especially with addiction issues.

Parker

I'm a Giants fan too, but really like the Mariners.

Don't get me wrong here, I don't mind being the only guy, really. That means I don't have to share all you wonderful, super strong women. :D

InsaneCdn

There are others around... Marg's Man hasn't posted in a while, but he and his wife Marg both post here... and I know there are at least a couple of others that have been active in the last 4 or 5 months.

I think we scare most of the guys away, but we don't intend to. We really are NOT a hen-party - and most of us despise that mindset. We're all just "parents of challenging kids", trying to help each other. So, on this board, we really aren't so much "mom" OR "dad"... we are "parent" - very gender non-specific. It's even hard to tell from most of the names whether it's a man or a woman... LOL. (except Marg's Man!)

Tiapet

Old Hand
I'd talk cars but it seems ages ago that the love interest was possible. If life were different the dream would be 65 GTO (did drive one once in street race with posi rear, hence the love began). I did on a 67 Dodge Charger my father and I restored but then sold. Stupid at the time but was necessary. My son now has the "bug" of cars and so I live vicariously through him as he grows up and see where it goes!

P

PatriotsGirl

Well, obviously I am a huge Patriots fan!! I was born one. :) Also like the Falcons and Georgia Bulldawgs! :)

TerryJ2

Oops. I'm totally remiss in regard to any Canadian teams. But not you've piqued my interest. I'll have to check out YouTube.

I've never been able to come up with- a name for my car. Gertie is a great name for a 62 Mercury.
I've got a 2009 Prius. Pokey?

InsaneCdn

You're right, Terry... a Prius simply isn't a "real" car.
(sorry, not politically correct, but "real" cars drink gas. drink - not even sip, drink!)

InsaneCdn

That even sounds "environmentally friendly"!

I used to have an old-style sipper... an 80s-style econobox that ran on fumes. Would just about (not quite) have given that Prius a run for its money. And there IS an enjoyable side to "running on fumes" (except when you forget that you actually DO need to buy gas sometimes!)

But for "fun to drive"... nope. Give me a big-block V8 (preferably carb, not efi), in something that it belongs in... done up to a suitable level of luxury, and... let's hit the road. How far is it to Texas, anyway?

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Terry, Ugh! I drove a Prius a few months ago when my beloved 2002 Toyota 4-Runner was in the shop having routine, scheduled surgery on a timing belt. I have never hated a car so much in my life. Can't tell what gear you are in, no pickup, dashboard full of computerized clutter. Just horrid. I've driven other newer Toyotas and liked them just fine.

I turned the car back in when mine was done and told them that now I knew what Toyota I DIDN'T want for the next one.

I am lusting after a new 4-Runner but can't afford it. Next one will probably be a newer used RAV4. Gotta have at least all wheel drive up here with our winters.