Uncle Died Last Night

TerryJ2

How is everyone doing? Just checking in. The whole thing is such a shock that it's going to take a long time to reach center again. I'm so sorry.

susiestar

Roll With It
I wish I knew how my aunt was doing. I have called, but gotten busy signal or the machine. My folks got home late yesterday, but asked for a day or two before we called or came over. I have tried to respect the requests to not call, and to wait until my aunt has time to process and get through some of the immediate grief and stuff to take care of. I am glad my mom was up in the area for the wedding (aunt's oldest granddau got married a few days before the accident) and was just about an hour away at some relatives before coming home. she was able to go be with my aunt right away which I am sure was a good thing.

You always thiink there will be time. I suggested last year that they record family stories/memories for the grandkids/greatgrands, and I hope they did. It is the kind of thing that truly lasts and is wonderful to have. We have some old cassettes from my gpa that mean the world to us. He didn't write well, so for a few years he would record letters to us. We also had my great gma record family stories onto cassette for us, and those are incredible to have.

Please, take the time to record family stories/memories. Ask your older relatives to let you record as they tell you the stories. It will mean the world to you. It just will. Make some of your own memories for your kids and grandkids. You just don't know how much time is left.