Update to missing girl and difficult child

Tiapet

Old Hand
Well the girl isn't exactly "found" to my knowledge (as in her mother knows where she is). However, my difficult child has now had contact with her as of yesterday and she is safe. She is going to go stay with her father up north. In the mean time her and guy are and have been staying at various hotels. I'm not sure what their overall game plan is. difficult child is not telling me much anymore.

My difficult child has calmed down and her whole thought process has changed. Whether it will stay changed or not remains to be seen. When she was younger she was semi religious and believed in God and went to church. In the last few years she had turned away for some unknown reason and started searching for something else. She wasn't sure there was a God. *disclaimer- I let her make her own choices and they are not based on my beliefs one way or another* She couldn't grasp the purpose of life. To her you live you die. End of story. Hence why her thinking of late of ending life as well. She figured you were going to die anyway in the end why keep going through all that she was (or felt she was).

She has turned that corner and realized perhaps there is no purpose but that it's the circle of life and it's just what you do. She wants to start going to church again and states there is a God now. She wants to continue on with her plan of life of school, college, marriage, kids, and a job that will have money to succeed.

Ex-ex boyfriend has stopped harrassing her and actually provided comfort when he found out girl was missing. For a brief time she actually considered getting back with him. Big battle ensued over that as I told her she was crazy after all the abusive words he slung. How could she even contemplate!

So for now, she is back to the typical teen with a mouth and emotions and not on such a very high/dangerous level she was. Of course she will continue with her therapy she was in as well.

Phew! I'm glad this crisis is over. Now on to the next that will inevitably happen in the future! LOL Thanks for the kind words and thoughts. I've been MIA for a few days trying to rest, which is where I'm headed back again. Major flare going on.

witzend

Glad to hear that the girl is safe and sound. I hope that her father isn't allowing creepy boy to stay with them at his house. He is a boy, right? Not a man?

Enjoy the peace and quiet while you can, and be glad that difficult child hasn't gone back to badmouth boyfriend. What's she doing for the summer to keep out of trouble?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Enjoy your time on earth -

Sounds like Rocket ship difficult child will blast off at some time in the future barring any malfunctions beyond our control.

Glad the girl was found - hope difficult child learned NOT to take other's problems to herself - she has enough.

Glad it worked out - and Glad she's seeking a higher power she can relate to. Personally I think the big guy is praised praised praised when things go our way - but let 1 thing go bad and we wonder why he hates us.

With difficult child's I think this gets magnified. Instant gratification needs it now - God teaches us by letting us wait and have patience. Kinda hard to keep the faith when you feel like a difficult child every day. Glad she's at a turning point.

TerryJ2

Here are a few opposing philosophies for your daughter-- (and I'm so glad she changed her mind. Even famous 19th c. existentialist Nietsche loved life).

I finally figured out that the reason to be alive is to enjoy it. –Rita Mae Brown

There is no meaning to life except the meaning man gives his life by the unfolding of his powers, by living productively.--Erich Fromm

'I think that life is simpler than we tend to think. We look for answers and more answers. But there are no answers. Things happen in life, good things and bad. People say why did it happen to me? Well, why not? Some people win the lottery, and others die in a car crash. It happens, and there is nothing we can do about it. The universe doesn't care what happens to you.'
–Nanda Parrado, Andes plane crash survivor, 1972