Wedding update

house of cards

Well, I'm sitting here recovering from the hectic activity of the wedding week-end. We had the whole family at a restaurant for the rehearsal dinner, it went well until dessert time when I needed to take the little ones out for a walk. During the actual rehearsal there was a nice family friend that took the monster outside when he got antsy. Major "got lost" at one point while he was using the bathroom and was wandering the church looking into empty rooms but that was the worse thing that happened.

At the wedding, Angel was a beautiful flower girl, just the right amount of cute acting up, like peaking around the corner of the pew and watching the crowd. The ceremony was lovely. Monster was in a room at the back able to watch but not be heard, he hasn't had Occupational Therapist (OT) for 6 weeks do to his Occupational Therapist (OT) needing surgery and he is missing it, his sensory issues are acting up. My sister was kind enough to stay with him.

After the wedding there was a "meet and greet" , I paired up my 9 yo twins and my 17 and 10 yo, had my sister watch the two littles. I was in a receiving line for at least an hour, I don't know how they behaved...but I didn't hear any bad reports. After a while they came out to be with us and just played around behind us, all VERY tolerable.

While we were in the meet and greet room at the church, Major came up to us and said he wanted to leave, you could see on his face that he had handled as much as he could take. Our plan was for my sister to take the littles and leave, so we added Major in with them and they went and had a great time at a kid's fun hangout, we actually got home before they did!

I am not happy that the whole family wasn't welcome at the reception but it went as well as it could. The littles didn't feel as if they missed a thing, the Queen was allowed to dress like a teen, heels and all, which lessened her jealous feelings about not being a flower girl. Mayor danced with girls in the bridal party, at one time he was dancing with two at the same time, not bad for a 9 yo.

I did alright, could have been more outgoing, but I did what I could, and I kept a smile on my face the whole time. It wasn't hard to do as the happiness on my ds's face made it easy.

Lothlorien

Glad things went as well as they did. You must have been on pins and needles that something was going to come crashing down. Congrats to the new bride and groom!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Sounds like it all went off well. Believe me...I'm seen some things at wedding that were horrific. You did well. Congrats to a good day!

Abbey

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Sounds like your plans in making arrangements for your family worked! And relying on your family for difficult child relief made all feel a part of the festivities, yet they had time to back away and regroup before any meltdowns could happen. Meltdowns can happen with anyone during weddings so it's great you could avert that in your family.....

house of cards

Loth, it was pressure, the in-laws are very much into appearances.

Abbey, Yes, I'm glad I did what I did, I couldn't have handled something ruining their day. I still don't get the concern at the reception though. I would have been much more concerned with the actual ceremony.

Whymemom, It helped a ton to have people willing and able to help out, I don't want to think about what could have happened without the help...that is the stuff nightmares are made from.

I think I lost about 10 pounds of stress now that this is over.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I think I lost about 10 pounds of stress now that this is over.

Yay for you! Bad for me 'cuz I think I found them... :p

Glad the day went so well. I know what you mean about not getting the whole thing about the reception... my brother's not having ANY kids of ANY age at his wedding next month. I can't wait until he has kids and gets a dose of reality -- he's sure to have a difficult child of his own!

Star*

call 911........call 911
My sincerest congratulations to the bride and groom.

Sounds like difficult child handled it very very well. I'm very proud of all the kidlets.....they did SUPER.

And as for you loosing 10 lbs.....well what else could you ask for?

I'd ask for cake personally - lots of it.

Nice that things went as planned in front of those who are so very much into appearances. Nuf sed.

house of cards

gcv, just a little longer and you can lose the 10 pounds too, feels great. and you are right, life experience does tend to change your views of a few things.

Star, why can't stress cause me to lose real weight and not add it?? I am really proud of my kiddos!