What are you reading?

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I love the Dalai Lama. Whenever someone asks that question about what famous person you'd like to meet/have dinner with: he's on my list.

Star*

call 911........call 911
My favorite quote is from him....."I like your Christ.....I'm not so fond of your Christians." .........True that.

idohope

The Signal and the Noise: Why so many predictions fail - but some don't by Nate Silver

waiting for a friend to mail me books two and three of Shades of Gray

Love this thread as I always and looking for reading suggestions.

Marguerite

I've been working on writing books, not reading them so much. But the hard copy is out (it's a collection of short stories) and I'm finalising the ebooks once the ISBNs come through. I'm waiting to hear if my novel has scored a writing fellowship. If it hasn't, then I'll send it off to a publisher. Wish me luck. If it has won a writing fellowship, then I get a residential in April next year. I've been busy, it's time for a short break. So it's back to reading again.

husband has just fallen asleep with his book on his lap. He's reading his way through Terry Pratchett. Again. Currently, "Lords and Ladies". I'm reading Pratchett's "The Truth" which is about media and the newspaper industry. It's fantasy satire, with a lot of emphasis on the "satire" side of it all. Imagine a vampire with a suicidal fascination for flash photography... and the dwarves who work on the printing press are all named after various typeface fonts.

I might also go back and re-read Frederick Forsyth's collection of short stories called "No Comebacks". I find it inspiring.

Marg