What Do You Drink?

AppleCori

We have had threads on Bai and coffee, but both threads were limited in scope, so....

What do you usually drink during the day? Special occasions?

What do you dislike?

I drink milk with breakfast and water and unsweetened tea during the day.

Occasionally flavored water, Bai (love this), V-8, or soda every once in a while.

Don't really drink alcohol much, maybe once or twice a year. If I do, I have Kahlua or Pina Coladas.

Dislikes--coffee, beer, wine, hard liquor, orange juice.

(Though I did make chicken wings with Fireball Cinnamon Whisky this weekend--delicious!)

What say you?

ksm

Coffee with cream and sugar in the mornings...

Iced tea with sweetener during the day.

Dr. Pepper a couple times a month as a splurge. When I was younger and working, I would stop and get a Dr. Pepper on the way to work.

Alcoholic beverages...rarely. If friends have us over to dinner and they serve a wine I will have a small glass. At a restaurant, a margarita. No beer. Uggh.

KSM

Ps... Milk with cookies or cake!

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Coffee with cream and sugar in the morning.
I drink water all day at the office.
Rarely drink pop. Do love Zero Vitamin Water - Lemonade Flavor
I hate beer. Do like ciders.
I do like Pinot Grigio wine and vodka drinks on the weekends. Margaritas too.
Moderation of course!
I'm literally down to water, coffee and alcohol for the most part!

Estherfromjerusalem

Coffee with milk during the whole day. If I want something cold from the fridge, I drink soda water.

Once in a blue moon when we want to spoil ourselves, my husband and I have ice coffee which includes vanilla ice cream!

No soft drinks. Haven't had Coca Cola in the house for at least 3 months, not even for children and grandchildren. I decided I didn't want to poison them, but we have lots of juices for them when they come.

Love, Esther

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Entirely too much decaf diet Coke. Strong black (English) tea with milk and sweetener. Water (I use filter bottles). The very occasional alcoholic beverage, usually a German or Belgian beer which can be bought singly at several liquor stores in the area.

Once or twice a year, one of those foo-foo, highly caloric mocha frappe' things from a coffee shop. (The only way I like coffee is mixed with chococolate or iced with milk and sweetener.) V-8. Boost Glucose Control nutritional beverage. (Sort of like Carnation Instant Breakfast for diabetics)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I currently have 3 1tr Brita hard sided water bottles. They take a replaceable filter most cheaply gotten from Amazon.

I like the clear bottles because I can tell exactly how much water is in them. (Nothing like having a mouthful of pills and discovering you don't have enough water to swallow them.)

They run around 20 dollars. The bottles come with filters to get you started. Each filter will do about 200 fills. You can get the filters in 5 packs. I don't keep track of how many times I refill the bottles, so I just change filters every 3 months.

You can get the hard sided Brita bottles in various capacities. I think from 14oz up to 48oz. Most of them take the same filter. Am not sure about the very small ones.

pasajes4

Water, coffee in the a.m., 0 alcohol, hot herbal teas, would love to drink a fro fro coffee frappe but they are presweetened so sad face, diet ginger ale

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
Coffee with creamer...water...green tea ice tea....zero vitamin water.

Martinis out, wine usually Riesling at home...and Fridays are margaritas out. That my friends, is my Friday therapy:)

Californiablonde

In the morning I have coffee with flavored creamer, water throughout the day, a diet coke with lunch, and my afternoon tea around 2:00. For some reason my anxiety always peaks an hour or two after lunch time, and the tea helps calm me down. I used to drink a couple drinks of alcohol on Saturdays, but since my acid reflux has acted up badly in the last few months, no more alcohol for me. I miss it.

JKF

Coffee with cream but no sugar in the mornings. Sometimes iced, sometimes hot. Iced green tea with lemons and sliced ginger throughout the day and water at night.

When I drink alcohol I drink vodka with club soda and a lemon. Nothing sweet. Ever. Sweet alcoholic drinks make me violently sick.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Water and unsweetened iced tea. In the winter I tend to drink hot teas (fruity ones). I like white wine and once in awhile a margarita or a bloody Mary. I do like to make non alcoholic bloody Marys too (with horseradish:)).

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I like bloody Mary's with-o alcohol. Can't stand them with alcohol. Tomato juice or V8 just taste vile with alcohol. I like to add a touch of bitters and a little bit of beef bouillion, which I think turns the drink into something called a Bloody Bull, but am not sure.

Even though Horseradish is in my genes, (I'm of Eastern European extraction and it's a mainstay in the cuisine throughout that area.) I don't like it with tomato products other than with ketchup and maybe Miracle Whip as a quick and dirty cocktail sauce for fish.

susiestar

Roll With It
I cannot drink tap water. It makes me very ill. Any water can make me ill, but I do better with bottled or brita filtered water. DO NOT NOT NOT buy the soft sided brita bottles - they WILL leak. I have had to complain to corporate 3 times, and twice were about the replacement bottles they sent that leaked the way the originals did. I am glad to hear the hard sided bottles work better.

I drink Coke (original) and once in a while a sprite/7up type drink. I am very brand loyal to Coke, but only because all of those taste tests that Pepsi used to do proved that there IS a difference to me.

I love homemade lemonade - 1 c lemon juice, 3/4 to 1 c sugar or equivalent sweetener, and water to make 1/2 gallon. It is simple, not expensive, and wonderful.

I also drink grapefruit juice and ginger ale. I buy the little 8 oz cans of ginger ale at Walmart and add them to a half glass of pink grapefruit juice. It is awesome in the summer heat.

I love coffee but it dislikes me so I cannot drink it often. I do drink quite a bit of Tension Tamer tea by Celestial Seasonings and Early Grey tea by Stash or Tazo.

I don't drink alcohol at all. It gives me stomach cramps.

KTMom91

I admit to a Starbucks addiction - Trenta black iced tea, no classic, no water, light ice. All day, every day. And ice water.

Milk on my cereal or with a PBJ.

The occasional (very occasional) margarita or strawberry daiquiri or glass of wine.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I cannot drink tap water. It makes me very ill. Any water can make me ill, but I do better with bottled or brita filtered water. DO NOT NOT NOT buy the soft sided brita bottles - they WILL leak. I have had to complain to corporate 3 times, and twice were about the replacement bottles they sent that leaked the way the originals did. I am glad to hear the hard sided bottles work better.

I drink Coke (original) and once in a while a sprite/7up type drink. I am very brand loyal to Coke, but only because all of those taste tests that Pepsi used to do proved that there IS a difference to me.

I love homemade lemonade - 1 c lemon juice, 3/4 to 1 c sugar or equivalent sweetener, and water to make 1/2 gallon. It is simple, not expensive, and wonderful.

I also drink grapefruit juice and ginger ale. I buy the little 8 oz cans of ginger ale at Walmart and add them to a half glass of pink grapefruit juice. It is awesome in the summer heat.

I love coffee but it dislikes me so I cannot drink it often. I do drink quite a bit of Tension Tamer tea by Celestial Seasonings and Early Grey tea by Stash or Tazo.

I don't drink alcohol at all. It gives me stomach cramps.

Suzie, make sure you stick with PINK grapefruit juice and avoid white grapefruit juice. White grapefruit contains an enzyme that interferes with the metabolism of benzos and opioids, causing a stronger and longer-lasting effect. White grapefruit juice also has the same potentiating effect on a LOT of other medications. Check with your pharmacist on this.

I found out the hard way that Tagamet potentiates benzos when I took my normal dose of Lorezapam that I'd been taking for years, an hour after taking a Tagamet...and nearly blacked out.