What else needs doing this morning?

Andy

I was so close to calling work and cancelling today! However, it was timebook day for me and I really need that next paycheck. Let's see if I can remember everything:

1. easy child had called to have me drop off a car seat. That means a different route to school with an early leave home time. husband said he could help with that! Yeah! Noooooo problem here anymore.

2. Leave home at 8:00 - have to be at work at 8:30 - here goes my 1/2 hour ride (with some overtime necessary):

3. Within a few minutes of leaving home, realize that I need to fill up with gas. Forgot that I was going to leave early this morning to do so (and get breakfast pizza at the gas station - Yummmy). O.k., no problem, can still stop and not be late for work.

4. On way to gas station remember that I left cell phone at home. Do not have time to go home for it. Maybe husband can bring it to me? I'll call him when I get to school or work.

5. Before getting to gas station, difficult child states he left his glasses at home and his eyes were starting to bug him. O.K. maybe husband can bring his glasses and the cell phone to school. I gave difficult child two quarters at the gas station to call dad on the pay phone. husband saves the day again!

6. As I am filling up with gas, I realize I have no cash! Don't really want to leave town with no cash. So, make the plan to drop difficult child off at school (I always go in but not this morning) and run to bank before work (don't have time any other time).

7. Get to school and decided to help difficult child carry his backpack, lunch bag, trumpet (won't fit in case because mouth piece is stuck), and trumpet case into school. difficult child says he can manage it all and didn't need my help. So somehow, he gets everything out of the van and heads into school without my help.

8. I get to the bank and make my withdrawal. The receipt says I have less money than I should. Today is electronic pay day and I am sure I have done bank runs that early on payday with the deposit showing.

9. Get to work at 8:35 (amazing what you can do in 30 minutes). call the bank. Here is where my day turns around for the good. My paycheck did get deposited, just not on the ATM yet!. Whew! (I have been known to not get a timebook in or only a partial timebook in)

The rest of the morning was good - I am glad I did go into work.

Jena

Andy

Oh my I laughed when I read that.............lol :)

I'm sure it wasn't funny to you earlier but wow you kept running into road blocks left and right. The part when you realized you had no money for the gas!!!!

See and you made it through your day and you got paid!!! yea for you!!! :)

and tomorrow's saturday

Andy

I should clarify - I used the credit card for gas - needed money for a trip out of town.

It was one of those mornings that you just had to sit back and wonder what else could happen. Nothing serious, so is funny!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow. I think I pooped out before 8:30! whew! Nice that husband could be the hero and get you the cell and difficult child his glasses. Glad the day turned out ok after such a rocky start.

Hugs

Jena

seriously though, when i got to the part where you had forgotten the money i was weak. I am glad it was nothing serious and you are able to laugh as i and the man saved the day!!!

I remember those mornings, sometimes I actually miss them. I actually went to the office one day with no money at all, no i.d., and left iron on at home!! I had to beg people for lunch money :) because eating is very important.......

Andy

Oh Jennifer - I thought of you this morning. I did read the Good Morning thread with your post before leaving for work this morning so should have known better - but -

I carried some items out to the van - difficult child's lunch box, a bottle of gaterade for his desk and some lanterns to put back in the Sunday School supplies.

As I backed out of the driveway, I looked down and did not see my purse. I asked difficult child if it was in the back seat and he wouldn't look. I almost kept going - I had my hands so full surely the purse was amongst those items.

Fortunately, I did stop the van, got out and looked in the back seat. No purse! Drove back into the driveway and went in the house - there it was right were I left it last night.

:rofl:

All I could think of was, "I think I need to give Jennifer my phone number so she can call me as I leave the house to remind me to take my wallet."

So my new daily check off list:

Purse
difficult child's glasses
Cell phone when husband doesn't have it

I can't believe I will actually need to make this list of only three items to remember them! Unbelievable!