Yikes! Could you some finger crossing etc. etc. I've offered my store for sale!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by DDD, Apr 2, 2013.

1. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

It's been 36 years since we opened the parts store and the last few years have been a bummer. This year has been riddled with health problems combined with grave financial stress. Whine!

This morning I got husband to agree that I could contact a prospective purchaser. Before he could rethink the choice I jumped on it, lol. He's aging and has some memory issues. I'm aging and have energy issues. Lordy I hope they bite at the bait. I'm only asking that they buy all the inventory...should be sweet. DDD
  2. recoveringenabler

recoveringenabler Well-Known Member Staff Member

Got everything crossed for you DDD, it sounds like a very good idea. Take more off your plate. Sending hugs too........
  3. HaoZi

HaoZi CD Hall of Fame

Pretzeling for you!
  4. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

Sending buckets of patience, calm, and hope...
  5. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Saying prayers and keeping body parts crossed.

6. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

Wow DDD, I am wishing you all good thoughts that this works out and the sale proceeds and you move to a new more relaxing phase of your life. You have had many changes and challenges these past couple years and have endured them all with the same grace I have seen in you for the many years we have been board friends.

Crossing all body parts for you.
  7. SuZir

SuZir Well-Known Member

*Crossing body parts*
  8. Calamity Jane

Calamity Jane Well-Known Member

I wish for you what you wish for yourself. May they close in quickly so you can have some peace of mind!
  9. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

Hope it works out for you DDD. husband's first job was with a cutlery store that was a family business. Eventually the business was sold to an employee, and then to an outsider. If what you want is to be rid of the inventory, and you have a good record of what you have on hand, you might also consider selling it all on e-bay. Figure out your shipping costs, add a little handling depending upon the size so you can cover your ebay fees, and go to town.
  10. 1905

1905 Well-Known Member

DDD, I'm wishing all good things to come your way! I'm happy for you for making this decision.
  11. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Good luck! Sounds like the absolute right time to make a decision. Fingers crossed ...
  12. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

Only the very best luck for you!! It sounds like a much needed change for you, and I am hoping it will be a short time before the sale is arranged, approved, and closed.
  13. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

LOL, Witz. We sell HEAVY duty truck, tractor and trailer parts. They often weigh more than a hundred pounds each. I don't think that option is viable for us but I do appreciate your thoughtful input. DDD
  14. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Every thing is crossed over here, DDD! Always wishing you peace and relaxing joy!
  15. buddy

buddy New Member

Crossing even the doggie paws on my lap.....let is know!
  16. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

Wishing the best for you!
  17. Signorina

Signorina Guest

Love, hugs and prayers for a quick and lucrative sale!
  18. Kathy813

Kathy813 Well-Known Member Staff Member

You deserve a chance to finally relax and take care of you. Whatever happened to that possible trip to Atlanta?

19. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

DDD.....you could put "local pick up only" in the ad!
  20. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Thanks for asking, Kathy. easy child has been coping with a crisis and at that time I thought maybe having her Mom nearby and available for listening and hugs "might" be a way of rendering support with-o interfering with her daily life. She calls every Sunday (and texts or emails when she needs me). As of now, fingers crossed, she is doing aok. I listen, try not to input too much and I'm not sharing info on my health and stresses so she can stay focused on hers. She truly is a kind and wonderful woman. Just knowing I can grab a bed at your house is like a nice safety cushion. Thanks for being an available friend. It helps me knowing I have feasible backup plan should she appear to need me.
    Hugs DDD