Your best one-liners

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
"Really? What do you intend to do about that?"

Oh, boy. If I use this one I get treated to a graphic description of the other person's punishment. Usually it involves a meeting in the park and fists. I've told Onyxx that if this should actually happen? The cops will be there, and yes, it WILL be me calling them.

Malika

When J is bombarding me with a repeated question, at 100mph, when I have already told him the answer several times: "You know all there is to know about it now" or "You know as much as me now."

keista

Malika, those are great answers for all the general "Why" questions. For those, I don't even answer the questions any more - I just tell them to Google it.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
When I'm getting bombarded with questions... I like to use - "I don't know. Let's go look it up"... Or "I don't know... I just walked in the door!"

Of course, I also get odd questions such as, "How did people ever come up with the idea to MAKE metal?"

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hmmm...

I guess my one-liners are pretty short.

When difficult child is begging to go somewhere or for some priviledge? We'll discuss. (meaning Dad and I will talk about it later)

When difficult child is interuppting or being rude? Excuse me? (meaning she needs to pause and try again POLITELY)

Dumb questions? That's a good question! You should research that.

When difficult child is rambling or trying to argue instead of answering my question? I'm just looking for 'yes' or 'no'.

If there is some kind of vague generic rant about being "unfair" or "mean" or "bad parents" ? Do you have a specific complaint? I'd be happy to address it. (And I will if it can be discussed in a calm manner without rudeness.)

And to stop all the arguments and get back to whatever I am trying to do? I don't even use words. I make the same noises I use with the dogs Bup! Bup! Bup!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
...DF??? Does the "bup" work?

Jett likes to try and change the subject or play stupid when he is asked a direct question that he's not keen on answering. "Did you finish cleaning your room?" (Said while he is watching TV.) He gets up. "Umm..." and starts to wander toward his room.

"Yes or no." (Usually this also involves physically placing myself between him and said room...)

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
...DF??? Does the "bup" work?

Usually -

It goes like this:

difficult child: Mom, can I go to a sleepover at L's house?

ME: We'll discuss.

difficult child: But MO-OM! I need to know No-ow because L wants to know if she should....blah, blah, blah, blah...

difficult child: Well, can't you disuss it now? Because L and I want to...blah, blah, blah, blah...

difficult child: (getting in my face) I HEARD you but -

ME: Bup! Bup! Bup! (getting OUT of her getting in my face...

and walking away...)

Malika

When J whines on and on about something he wants but cannot have "Well, that's just the way it is, I'm afraid." After about two or three repetitions of that, he usually stops.