A bit of bonding

Wiped Out

Staff member
I actually got some rare snuggle time with difficult child yesterday. I've been reading with him from the Diary of the Wimpy Kid books and he has been sitting right with me.

Today after work he called me to tell me he and husband were leaving in a few minutes (I thought husband told him to call but found out he didn't) and wanted to know would I read with him tonight.

Now that means a lot on a whole bunch of levels-one he called to ask me to read with him-me not husband (the usual one of choice) and just the fact that he is listening to and enjoying stories is great.

Just to keep me from getting too excited he was still very gfgish tonight-rude and disrespectful but at least I got to see the sweet side as well-think I'll just savor the sweet side tonight.

slsh

member since 1999
Sharon - definitely a good day! In my book, 5 minutes of genuine sweetness can wipe out (hahaha, a pun) of a good couple of months of gfgness. Enjoy! I'm so jealous!!! ;)

mum2JK&TH

That's wonderful Sharon! difficult child actually just got one of those books from his book order yesterday. Here's hoping difficult child puts his gfgness aside to let you enjoy more snuggle time :)

4sumrzn

Oh, for sure take that one in a heartbeat! Savor it....hopefully it comes back on many more occasions. How special, love to hear it.

'Chelle

I think, because of what we go through with difficult children, that we appreciate these moments for how truely special they are in ways that parents of only pcs never do, both with our difficult children and our pcs. Glad you had some special bonding time.

Take the sweet stuff...savor it. Roll it around your tongue like fine wine...let it last as long as you can...

It's pretty delicious.