Abbey?

Abbey

Spork Queen
Thanks, TM. Yeah, sad story. It was a funeral from a young man I only met once recently. He was a 'prodigy' wrestler that was taking lessons from a friend of mine who was an Olympic wrestler.

I guess I'm out of the loop on what kids are doing these days, but he strangled himself with a belt doing what is the latest trend for kids. I don't get it, but they basically suffocate themselves and have a friend rescue them at the last second. Well...he didn't have a friend there. Top scholar, good kid, but did it by himself. No one to rescue him. Such a loss.

I sit here and look at all the pictures I took of them just a week ago tackling it out on the mat. I pray for his family. No one understands right now.

I asked my daughter about this and she was well aware of this trend. I guess it's some kind of euphoria high that you get. Such a loss, though.

Abbey

Andy

Ohhh Abbey! I am so sorry! It is so dangerous what kids get into. I have heard about this once in a while in the last few years. It may have been how David Carridene died and possibily one other celeberity (can't remember a name) within the last year or two.

What a loss. These kids do not understand the risks they are taking. I am sure most who die this way did not plan to.