An absolute first for me....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I rec'd a letter from my OB/GYN today.

It was a handwritten note thanking me for seeing him & letting me personally know that all the test results were good.

I've never ever rec'd a letter from a doctor before, let alone handwritten, on top of that, a thank you.

everywoman

I had a GP one time who did that. I loved him. He was personable and compassionate. He moved his practice 45 mintues away, so now I see a Dr. McDreamy---I like him too, but he didn't send me a letter! I also had a OB/GYN I like a lot. He delivered both difficult child and easy child by c-section. I had some complications after my Hysterectomy and well, for lack of a better word, died(okay, almost, I stopped breathing, heart stopped, etc.) and he sat with me all night in recovery to make sure I made it. The next day, he resigned from his practice and went into teaching at the Naval Hospital in Va. It was in the works already, but my epidsode helped him make up his mind. I felt bad when he left; it wasn't his fault, just a cliche in my system that we didn't know about until later.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It was a handwritten note thanking me for seeing him & letting me personally know that all the test results were good.</div></div>

:faint:

lol

Linda, you sound as shocked as I was the first time an OB/GYN actually talked to me while I was FULLY CLOTHED (so was he :rofl: ) in his office before the exam...did the exam...then did a followup conversation FULLY CLOTHED (both of us :rofl: ) in his office afterwards.

I adored this doctor and stayed with him until he retired. Your guy sounds like a keeper, too.

Suz

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
This doctor was a total gentleman with a very goofy sense of humor (always a plus in my book). He took his time & answered every & any question I had on various issues; even took time to answer concerns I had about kt & offer suggestions.

Yup, think this doctor is a keeper.

donna723

When you find a great OB/GYN, you hang on to them! Yours sounds like a real treasure. I dearly loved the one who delivered both my children. I got in with him early and by the time my kids were born, he hadn't been able to accept any new patients for years. A lot of his patients were girls that he had delivered HIMSELF years ago when he was their mothers' doctor! He was "passed down" like a family heirloom! And you could tell that, even after the thousands and thousands of babies he had delivered, he still was just blown away by the miracle of birth, helping to bring a new life into the world!

When I worked for the newspaper, he was the OB for the wife of one of our reporters, and the reporter did an article on him for the Sunday magazine section that described him perfectly. And he included a picture taken in the delivery room of Dr. C holding up their minutes-old baby and grinning ear to ear.

I will never forget going in two weeks after my son was born for my checkup and to have the C-section staples removed. I was their last appointment of the day and had brought my son along in a baby carrier. His carrier was on the floor with one nurse watching him while I went down the hall with another nurse to be weighed. And when I came back, Dr. C was sitting cross-legged on the floor next to him, huge grin on his face, holding his tiny little fingers and telling him ... "I was the first person that ever touched you!"

On_Call

Wow is all I can say - I probably would have opened the envelope expecting a bill to pop out!! Hee hee.

And, if the handwriting was legible - even better!

Yes, I'd say he is a keeper.

I have never truly cared for any physican I have ever had in the past. I now see a PA in a doctors office whom I like okay. He has a quirky sense of humor, too. Gotta love that!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Now, if you could just please have him cloned and send him my way...... :rofl:

I had a great one like that when I had easy child. He retired right after delivering her and I've never found another OB/GYN to measure up.

Definately a keeper.