And now for something completely irrelevant!

Jabberwockey

Lil and I spent most of the night last night making a pecan pie and a batch of peanut butter balls for a bake sale at my work today. Its a fund raiser for the Personnel Club. I got a bit over half of the peanut butter balls done, 80 out of 140 dipped and ready to go. Anyway, I went to the Administration building a few minutes ago to see how things were going. Was quite surprised that the peanut butter balls were gone. Looked at the pie and only one slice had sold so far so I gave in to temptation and bought a slice. The looks the offenders gave, well to be honest the PIE!, as I walked back to my office with it were hilarious!

Lil

I got a bit over half of the peanut butter balls done, 80 out of 140 dipped and ready to go.

I told him, they can double the price tomorrow on those peanut butter balls.

After all, isn't that how it works? You draw them in with low prices, then charge them lots more once they're hooked?

In all seriousness...his peanut butter balls are kinda addictive.

Scent of Cedar *

Yum.

We love pecan pie.

Were the peanut butter balls like the filling in Reese's peanut butter cups dipped in chocolate?

We love those, too.

Using that same basic recipe, but substituting cream cheese for the peanut butter? We add creme de menthe or butter rum flavoring to the filling for creme de menthe or butter rum balls. Daughter uses peppermint flavoring for the filling and rolls the chocolate covered balls in crushed candy canes.

Cedar

Jabberwockey

Yes, very similar to peanut butter cups. They tricked me though. Had some in the fridge but they've still sold about half of them so far.

Lil

Using that same basic recipe, but substituting cream cheese for the peanut butter? We add creme de menthe or butter rum flavoring to the filling for creme de menthe or butter rum balls.

Have you ever tried the ones made with cream cheese and ground-up Oreo's, then dipped in chocolate? Oh. My. God.

Jabberwockey

Its not about the chocolate. As a kid I would eat spoonfuls of hot chocolate mix. I think maybe the texture of them throws me off.

Scent of Cedar *

Have you ever tried the ones made with cream cheese and ground-up Oreo's, then dipped in chocolate?

Baklava grand loves those! I don't know where she learned to make them, but whooo-boy! When she makes them, she dips them in melted almond bark squares and sprinkles Oreo crumbs on top.

We have neighbors from Kentucky who make bourbon balls at Christmas. The filling has crushed graham crackers in it, and lots of bourbon.

Two birds.

One stone.

:O)

Cedar

Lil

I have always wanted to make bourbon balls. Never have. Do I have bourbon at home or is it brandy??? Hmmm...I think the prison might have a problem with those at the bake sale.

donna723

If you like pecan pie, I have a recipe I'll have to dig out. To DIE for! Cross between pie and a cookie. The crust is a package of crescent roll dough spread out on a cookie sheet. The "filling" is a thinish layer similar to pecan pie filling with loads of pecans in it. You cut it in to squares and eat them like cookies. Positively addictive and takes only minutes to make!