And to top it all off...

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by flutterbee, Sep 24, 2008.

  1. flutterbee

    flutterbee Guest

    Suffice it to say, the last week has been rough. After that thing with my mom, I've been really tense; haven't been able to relax. My teeth hurt - can't even touch them together - because I've been clenching in my sleep. 3 1/2 hours sleep Sunday night, 4 hours sleep Monday night.

    Spent 3 hours Monday night fixing a program on the computer that was working just fine the day before so Wynter could do her school work. Yeah. That's my idea of a good time.

    All of these appts this week. Then spent 2 hours (!!!) today at the podiatrist office for Wynter. I was mildly annoyed, but when I went out and checked to make sure they hadn't forgotten about us at 4:15 (our appointment was at 3:00) and saw someone leaving that got there a full 30 minutes after we did, I went from annoyed to getting more ****** by the minute. Then the podiatrist comes in like a chipmunk on speed and our heads were spinning. Now I have to schedule an appointment with the GP to figure out what the hell the podiatrist was talking about. And then Wynter was throwing a little hissy fit because I did not feel good and was not taking her back to the piercing place today to have her nose piercing checked. It looks fine. It can wait.

    So, my head was going to explode by the time we got home. I hurt all over. I was tired. And irritable doesn't even begin to describe it, yet people insisted on doing things to annoy me. Like breathe. I broke down and took a klonopin - something I don't usually take during the day.

    And by 6:00 pm I was blissfully asleep.

    Until I woke up at 1:30 with icicles forming on my nose. It's 57 degrees outside and the A/C was running. I was freezing. I swear, I'm going to glue the kids fingers shut if they don't stop messing with the thermostat. The A/C shouldn't have even been on! But, I was tired and didn't want to get out of bed. I snuggled down under the covers and put my feet under the cats to get warm.

    But, then there's Jewel at the end of my bed just digging and digging and digging on herself. Then when she wasn't digging, she was doing the lick, lick, lick, lick, lick, lick..... ARGH!!!! PLUS, the kids left the hall light on so it was shining right in my eys.

    So, I got up. Freezing. Every surface, every piece of furniture was cold to the touch. I had to turn on the furnace just to defrost the house. Gave Jewel her prednisone (she's been treated for fleas - has some kind of skin allergies) and put some stuff on her belly. Played Bingo on Pogo. Took my night time medications and am calling it a night again.

    Oh, and garbage pick up is tomorrow morning and Devon didn't take it out. He didn't take it out last week either. He misses it about every other week. Minimum. The recycling hasn't gone for a month. I'm leaving him a note and sticking it in his bathroom.

    Is everyone helpless?????


    You know, if I did these things and their precious sleep was interrupted or if I didn't do the things that needed to be done, they would whiiiiiine and moan and complain.
  2. Wiped Out

    Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

    It definitely sounds like a horrible, no good, very bad day. I would have been steaming at the dr's office to wait that long. I'm not patient about that sort of thing! I truly help today is much better, as the old McDonald's saying goes, "You deserve a break today!"

    Gentle hugs.
  3. Hound dog

    Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

    I agree with Sharon. Truely a Horrible No Good Very Bad Day. How about a nice slice of cheesecake? And you don't have to share it with the kids either. nanner nanner

    I hate the trash thing. I've had to go back to telling Travis if he wants to eat, he takes the trash out on monday. Told him last night if he wanted to eat, he had to go out and feed and water Rowdy. (husband watched from the window) But all I ask the boy to do is take out the trash once a week. ugh

    Sending big gentle ((((hugs)))).
  4. Shari

    Shari IsItFridayYet?

    I hope you have a quiet, uneventful, relazing day to help you recover from last night!
  5. meowbunny

    meowbunny New Member

    Ugh! I'd almost trade you days but you saw how bad mine was and no one deserves that kind of a thing.

    Mine had a couple of chores -- take out the trash, put up the clean dishes, keep her room neat. I gave up on the room. However, the trash was another issue. If she could have gotten away with it, the trash would sit forever. She did try that. I just picked up all the trash bags and dumped them on her bed. Told her the next time the dirty kitty litter would be included. I'm not sure why but the trash was always taken out after that.

    I found a simple solution for the thermostat -- if the bill was higher than usual, the overage would be taken out of her money. After a few times of having to pay $20-40, she left the thermostat alone and would even actually yell at me if I turned it up or down for any reason.

    In the meantime, feel free to strangle D for the trash, both for the lights and thermostat, the podiatrist for being a schmuck and anyone else you feel like strangling just cause.

  6. flutterbee

    flutterbee Guest

    I slept a lot and so far my teeth aren't hurting today. I have a dentist appointment at 2:00 though, so no relaxing day for me.

    Normally, when I leave a note for Devon, I place it on his bathroom counter and it starts with 'Please' and ends with 'Love, Mom'.

    This note I taped to his bathroom mirror and it read: "The trash AND the recycling HAS to go out today. No exceptions!!!" It did go out.

    I got up today and the animal's water bowl was bone dry. There was a line at the water dish after I refilled it.

    Wynter is in a mood and I'm so over it.

    Maybe I'll just move and not tell the kids. :devil:
  7. KTMom91

    KTMom91 Well-Known Member

    Hugs...get some rest!
  8. flutterbee

    flutterbee Guest

    You know what's really sad? I got to the dentist and I was so exhausted just from the drive and was in so much pain that I considered telling them that I just couldn't do it today. But, the thought of going home to Wynter (see post in General) was worse than sitting in an uncomfortable chair for an hour and a half, with sore neck, back, shoulders and legs and having cavities filled on teeth that they can never get completely numb no matter how hard they try.

    I'm drained. Physically and emotionally. I spend my nights laying in bed wondering how I can get away for a bit. I am with Wynter 24/7. The last break I had was on my birthday, July 3, when she stayed overnight with my mom. I was too sick that day to even notice she was gone.

    And I missed my therapy appointment today. It was at noon. I was so out of it this morning, I turned off the alarm instead of hitting snooze and didn't wake up until 12:30. I called and she was completely understanding and rescheduled for Monday, but I really could have used that appointment today. Nothing like shooting myself in the foot.

    I'd cry, but I'm afraid if I start, I won't stop.
  9. Hound dog

    Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

    ((((hugs)))) Sweetie

    Ya know...........I think that's alot of the friction. Wynter and you are there together 24/7. This summer that was Travis and I, except when he had to work........And I'll be honest and say I was thrilled every day he worked. That day in and day out with no breaks were getting to me. blah

    I don't recall the school situation with Wynter. (sorry sort of brain dead tonight) I know she's doing ECOT, but would it be possible if this friction doesn't end to send her back to public school? Or too much a fight with the school? And I know Buster would have a fit and a half. lol

    Otherwise, I think I'd make an appointment with your Mom for Heather to spend an afternoon and YOU spend it doing exactly what you'd like to do. Of course pick a day when you're not feeling so bad.

    (((hugs))) Glad therapist understood and is rescheduling.