Another meeting is set

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I have another meeting set with the sd. This time, a support team from the university is coming to help. They agree that difficult child needs a written behavior plan before he returns to school and are going to help facilitate that. They also agree that suspending him is NOT in his best interests, and that we need to come up with a plan to head off the behaviors BEFORE they escalate so we don't end up suspending him again.
If we can't get a really good start to a plan going, then I will do my best to keep him out of school until the IEP is written, starting in March.
I called his teacher from the early intervention preschool. She had SUCH a good handle on him that we debated mainstream kindergarten for him back then. She had several tips for me to pass on, as well as offering to be a contact for them, if for no other reason than to show that difficult child CAN be handled, once you learn how. She helped me make a list of really important points they have to understand with difficult child, and a list of options to throw in the table if they don't come up with a real plan to prevent him from escalating in the first place.
I had to re-apply for an advocate - I guess in our state you don't keep them from issue to issue, you have to apply and get "accepted" each time you have a problem. But that is done. I won't have them tomorrow, but I should know by tomorrow afternoon if they will help with the IEP.
I also have our CW coming from the county agency.
Its not much, but its a throw together meeting. I know the SD is trying, they just don't know how to handle difficult child, and I don't know what else to tell them. I have offered to come in and stay with difficult child thru a few days so they can watch how I interact with him, but so far they haven't been interested.
And somehow I have got to convince the principal that suspending difficult child isn't being proactive, and that we are teaching him, essentially, that threatening violence works.
Let the games begin.

B

bran155

Good for you girl! You are going in there as prepared as you possibly can. I hope everything goes well for you. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!!

Go in there in with your armor on and fight the good fight!!!:warrior:

AlwaysinTears

AlwaysinTears
I am living this right now... My difficult child age 7, bit herself til she bled, ripped her hair out and said she would kill herself at school unless the called her mom or dad at school the other day.... There answer.... Suspend her!!

M

ML

Shari I'm proud of you. You are doing great! We are here for you and will share our armour. Hugs, ML