Anybody want to diagnose this???

crazymama30

How about lessened need for sleep, need for constant activity, much more talkative and social than normal, but really happy (this is new for a change) and not irritable??? Just really hyped up on about 4 or 5 hrs of sleep??? OH, how about more interested in doing the bedroom mambo too???:stopglass:

And a very sarcastic anyone want to guess??? I already know, and I want it to stop.

:scared:

crazymama30

Ohhh and add a sinus infection and an ear infection on top of that???

I want to knock his block off so he has to sleep for a while and get on track. Arrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

I don't know if it is due to the pain medication changes, I don't think, really do not think how ever do not know for sure, that he has not been taking too many percocet and that is what really sends him spiralling. This is completely different, with all his other cycling he is irritable and mean, just nasty, and now???? Appreciative and kind---My head is spinning so fast I am dizzy. His pain is so much better, but I am so nervous. He is drama seeking big time, he his not in trouble but he had to call the police tonight for a friend who had his truck stolen by another friend.

I just want him to come home before he does something stupid.

And to top it off??? he saw psychiatrist yesterday, at which point I was justifying behaviors so did not bring anything up to psychiatrist. husband did mention the not sleeping thing, but blew it off due to being sick---if you cannot breathe you cannot sleep.

I am now kicking myself.

crazymama30

Sw, I know but I feel so so so so stupid. We were just at psychiatrist's yesterday. I felt like crud, so I was not on top of my game. I had been talking myself out of this for while, and now I just cannot. I told him tonight on the phone that he was headed for a manic episode, and he gave me his I don't give a dam* laugh---not good. I wonder if it is the decrease in neurontin? We went from 1800mg in the morning, 900mg at noon and 1800mg at night to 900mg three times a day. Really did help with the sleepiness and him being able to get out of bed earlier.

Could the sinus/ear infection of brought it on?

I guess at this point the why's do not matter. I may just have to buck up and do what I need to do. Call psychiatrist.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
been there done that. Sounds manic to me. I mostly get hypomanic, but when I get truly manic I am like that except I don't get the "bedroom" thing going at all.

My sister, who is also BiPolar (BP), did get the "bedroom thing" going when she was manic. Luckily she's controlled on medications as husband and I had to go haul her out of a few bars and clubs when she was much younger.

by the way, part of the reason for non compliance with medication regimes is that a lot of them interfere with libido.

crazymama30

husband is really pretty compliant unless he is throwing his noon medications away, and that is just neurontin. I give him his am medications and he takes the pm doses, guess he could be tossing them but I just do not see him doing that. I hope. He does not so far have a problem with the medications interfering with function, he had some lack of interest after his d/c from the psychiatric hospital but once his body got used to the medications, well it just was not a problem. The pain bothers that more than anything, as his pain is mainly in his hips.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
What is the doctor giving him for the sinus infection other than the pain medication?? Some of those medications can *cough* enhance or even throw someone into mania.......because they will produce less severe but similar symptoms in a "normal" person. Most especially some of the over the counter stuff.

husband is bad enough dealing with as a very grouchy aspie. I think I'd smother him in his sleep if he was bipolar. ugh

(((hugs)))

crazymama30

He has not started the medications for the infections yet, it is just amoxicillin and an antibiotic ear drop. Should not do anything mood wise.

I don't get why he is so nice, but do wish I could appreciate that more and not analyze it. He just texted me thank you. I replied your welcome for what? He said for being there for him.

I said, honey I am always on your side even if you don't know it.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Awww, that's sweet. Maybe since he's not hurting so much some of that nice is easier for him to express? And maybe if he's a little hypomanic, the volume is turned up on the nice as well? Hope he settles down for ya!

crazymama30

I do think it is a very good thing that he does not know how much we are getting back for our taxes, it is due to be deposited on Friday. I may pay a bunch of bills and put some in my savings acct in a different bank in my name only and give him some spending money. Not much, but enough so he feels included. My clonazepam is kicking in, feeling not so freaked. Don't think I will take my trazadone tonight, need to be able to think and make decisions--but hope I don't have to .

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I have no idea what you are talking about. ;)

It's all in your head...
husband wishes I had the bedroom problem still! He said the one good thing about my BiPolar (BP) has gone away! LOL

I'm sorry I feel for you, I see it with K and also understand how it feels to be manic.
Luckily I have been running hypo mostly with my medications now.

Hang in there! Big soft non-sexual hugs!

N

Nomad

Didn't read all the replies...is this a BiPolar (BP) person taking new medications or taking steriods? If it is interfering with- his life and/or yours....

Modify modify modify and if that doesn't work change change change.

Hang in there!

crazymama30

No steroids, no new medications, just cycling and maybe due to being sick? He is still asleep after going to sleep at 4am, and I tried to wake him and got growled at. Not doing that again

TerryJ2

Aw, that is so sweet! (Halfway through the replies! ;) )
Gosh, it sounds like fun if you can keep up with-it.
But you're right, he may be in for a crash. Sounds like he may have already, sleeping for 12 hrs.
Fingers crossed.