Anyone submitted for the show Intervention?

P

PatriotsGirl

I just did. I know it may get me nowhere but I figured I would try anyway...

DDD

I've watched the program many times and it is heartwarming when long term good results are shown. For most families it seems to be the last resort after years of treatment options that have failed. If you feel this is right for your family then I'll cross my fingers it works out for you. DDD

P

PatriotsGirl

My husband does not want to air our laundry on tv. I get that. I worry, too. I just want to get her help. Not that she is even asking for it...

DDD

That last sentence is the ringer. If they don't accept that they have a problem. If they have tried outpatient and inpatient treatment programs and still don't accept they have a problem. Chances are they aren't ready. Some never get ready. It's the ultimate frustration for a loving parent. DDD

P

PatriotsGirl

See, but that is the one thing we haven't been able to try. True inpatient treatment. She has only been to two places and they were both "acute" care. I still wonder in amazement what purpose those places even serve....

DammitJanet

My one question about the show Intervention is something my son said to me as we watched it one night. I had been rolling the idea about doing it myself...lol.

Cory looked over at me (must be a bit psychic or paranoid..lol) and said "dont those people have to wonder why all those camera's are following them around filming everything they do?" And then he said.."and what fool in their right mind is going to let someone film them smoking or shooting up XXX?"

Well he has a point right there.

He also told me that if he ever saw camera's or lights anywhere near him he was bolting for the hills...lol. By now, most folks should have heard about the show so telling them they are going to be in a documentary about addiction shouldnt be enough to fake them out anymore. Plus, like he said, who is really gonna be stupid enough to film getting high? Well obviously some folks do but is your daughter dumb enough to? I know you wouldnt have caught me doing it and you wont get my son to do it!

DDD

LOL, Janet. There is an answer to Cory's question. The Intervention people pay the addict for helping them produce a show about addiction. The do not tell them about intervention. Hard core addicts will do almost anything for money...so they authorize cameras and filming knowing they will get the bucks for the next fix.

on the other hand the show has been on long enough that most young adults are aware of the program and as easy child/difficult child has said..."if those guys are dumb enough to fall for it, they deserve it". Hmmm.. the minds of addiction are sadly wondrous things! DDD