Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm an old salt - and while I love the new improved board - I'm having fun learning how to do old things new. I am looking at this challenge as technological education - I can now navigate 2 styles of forum board - the old one we got used to and this new one we're learning.

HOWEVER - I'm having HUGE troubles with the use of the same Avatar for different people. Can we agree to disagree that if you see the same avatar on another's post - you could change yours? Or can we make it so that no two people are using the same picture?

How about post to teach those who may not know how to use almost any small picture as their avatar? I'm sorry my life is so complex that this is confusing - lol.

If I'm alone in this - throw kiwi fruit - I need the vitamins -

But sometimes when I see the pictures I think I'm talking to YOU and then I realize it's NOT you - its YOUU...or YOUUU or HER. I have enough confusion in my life. I'll be glad to help -

Hugs
Star

meowbunny

Tosses Star a kiwi.

Sorry, but there are only so many cute avatars on the site and I refuse to go hunting for new ones. Some of us happen to have the same taste. You're just stuck doing what the rest of us do -- read the names.

(Ducks as Star tosses a whole load of kiwis at me.)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Kiwi one - Star zip

When I see the cat looking at the spider web - I think you - now I see you are a headbanger - uh huh - I know why. lol

Thanks for the fruit.

F

flutterbee

And what about those (who shall remain nameless) who change their avatar on a daily basis? Hmmmmmmm?

Never know who I'm talking to. :tongue:

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I have had similiar issues with the same avatar being used by different folks. But alas nothing in my life is easy so I just chalked it up. I am not sendind any kiwi fruit your way as I tend to agree but realize I can't do a lot about it.

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm on a quest Wynter - TO FIND THE PERFECT and FITTING Avatar -
Because it seems everyones avatar fits but mine. I just haven't found one that is me yet.

Maybe it IS all me! Cripes - MORE issues. lol

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Star,

It's not just you. lol I'm having the same trouble. Which is why I made my own avitar and stick to it.

I'll note the avitar and think, "oh, it's so and so..." then start reading and my brain has to do an about face. (not always easy either)

I'm an "associates face with person" sort of personality. So, I guess I'm trying to do the same thing with the avitars. Only it doesn't work because they keep changing. (so my fault not theirs)

But I do enjoy looking at the new ones as they crop up.:D

Hugs

R

runawaybunny

Hocus Pocus... Confusion be gone {{{poof}}}

I installed a modification so that from now on avatars from our collection that have already been chosen by someone will show as "Taken" and cannot be selected again.

F

flutterbee

Wow. Ask and you shall receive.

Cheryl, I'm having some trouble getting difficult child in the shower. Do you have a modification for that, too?

Marguerite

I found mine so long ago I can't remember where. Or how. But I haven't seen anyone else with it, thank goodness. Otherwise I'd have to learn how, all over again.

Marg

Star*

call 911........call 911
RUNAWAY BUNNY _ YOU DA BOMB GIRL!!!!!

(I feel so empowered) I think I will try to return something lol.

Wynter - the dogs thought I was having a seizure - came running due to me lol at your comment about the shower. I think we used this trick a couple times - we taped a $5.00 bill to the back shower wall and when difficult child went in the bathroom to look we hit him with the full blast of the hose. Wet kid - wet dog - bad smell.

That is just too cool - I mean - WOW - I had no idea you had that much control on a board. Not control like control freak, but control like options -

I have a few really good avatars - I can sent to anyone email. One is so cute it's 2 polar bears on a bicycle and it says BI-Polar. they are peddling.

I still have a few "good good ones" in my bag of tricks - but just haven't found the one that fits.

MANY MANY THANK YOU'S TO YOU AND YOU and OH meowbunny - honey here's your KIWI - lol. :whiteflag:

R

runawaybunny

Feel free to upload avatars found elsewhere, we've got lots of them here too.

As far as enticing a kid into the shower I don't have any magic but I do remember my mom encouraging one of my cousins to shower with his clothes on when he was at her house. That way he'd at least wash his hair and then change his underwear because they were soaking wet.
:dont_know:

witzend

Luckily, there's not a lot of you guys who want to be associated with a sassy blonde trailer tramp standing in a police line-up.

:cutie_pie:

Witz,

I saw her for a glimpse on TV the other day and her name did not come to me right away. Instead I thought to myself "Oh look, it witzend!"

tiredmommy

Thanks Cheryl! I for one was getting very confused when I came across members having long, threaded conversations with themselves. LOL! :bravo:

Steely

WOW............runaway.........I am SO impressed. Thanks.
I am more visual than not, and so I look at someone's avatar before their name.
Thanks for making life one less step complicated:love-very: