Back on the hunt...

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hello all--

I have been applying for all kinds of jobs--but I had been so hoping for this one...it was perfect for me!
but the "dream job" came and went without so much as a second interview or a form letter to thank me for my interest....

--sigh--

So now I have to cross my fingers for something lower on my list. What a tease!!

--DaisyFace

Mattsmom277

BAHHH!! That's my frustrated shout on your behalf :(

Don't give up though. Something great is going to come your way!!

How did you find out? In this day and age, you'd think with so many applicants, that those interviewed would get a thanks for applying call. Especially with this rotten job market and the effort that goes into even landing one interview.

Hang in there!!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
BAHHH!! That's my frustrated shout on your behalf :(

Don't give up though. Something great is going to come your way!!

How did you find out? In this day and age, you'd think with so many applicants, that those interviewed would get a thanks for applying call. Especially with this rotten job market and the effort that goes into even landing one interview.

Hang in there!!

Thanks, Mattsmom!

I went in for the interview (it was an art job so I brought my portfolio) he seemed very impressed with my work, but didn't seem real organized about the interview. His questions seemed random and "out of the blue" instead of going from topic to topic in an orderly fashion. So it was a strange interview, to say the least...

He said he was going to interview throughout the week and wait for "God to send him the right person".

When I went home, I immediately wrote him a letter thanking him for the interview and once again expressing my interest in the position (I had hoped that my letter's arrival in the mail might be perceived as a "sign"....or at the very least, cause him to think of me later in the week as he continued to interview.)

Well, the week came and went with no word....

And THEN I saw in the paper that he re-newed his "Help Wanted Ad" and started accepting new applicants. And THAT week came and went....

And then.....nothing. No new ad. No phone call. No letter. No email. Nada.

So, I guess that's it.

:(

God must have sent him somebody else....

--DaisyFace

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
DaisyFace, it can't hurt to call him and ask him if the position was filled. If no, you have an opportunity to pitch yourself and your skills to him again. If it has been filled, you have an opportunity to thank him again for his consideration and reinforce that you are interested in working there. You never know- even if he did fill the position, it might not work out and he might remember that you went the extra mile.

Don't give up hope until the door is really shut. :)

Good luck!

Suz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm with Suz, check back with them to be positive the position has been filled. You don't want to miss out on a dream job because of some clerk's oversight.

Frustrated for you. We're in the same boat here.

Hugs

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Well--

I finally got my "Official Rejection" letter from the dream job...

And no response whatsoever from anyone else.

This stinks!