Burn out

L

Liahona

I am dealing with burn out. I just don't want to deal with it all anymore. The day in and day out is really getting to me. I can't feel this way but I do feel it. My kids therapies are starting to slide by and with Buster getting diagnosis I really can't do that.

What do you guys do to fight this?

Dixies_fire

I have no suggestions I'm sorry, I've hit that wall a few times myself and am trying to learn how to cope with all that stress

Bunny

I missed something. What did Buster get a diagnosis of?

You have a lot on your plate. Is there anyone who can help you? What I really think you need is a break. Even just some time to go see a movie would be helpful, or go out for dinner with some girlfriends. Trust me when I say that time away from the kids, even from the easy child kids, can be very refreshing, and it's something that I don't do enough.

:smile:

LittleDudesMom

You have an extremely full plate.

I think I always keep upermost in my mind that this life is a journey. Nothing is really ever done. You are handed "stuff", you deal and move on to handle the next "stuff".

Bunny's suggestion of some "me" time is another coping mechanism. You can't effectively handle the needs of the family if you haven't first dealt with yours. Make sure you TAKE the time to nurture and nourish yourself with something you love or enjoy. It doesn't have to cost money or even take a whole lot of time. It has to just recharge our heart and spirit.

Sharon

tammybackagain

I agree with the others get some me time, could even be locking self in bathroom with good Book after kids are in bed, light candles turn out lights, and just relax. it's like if a plane is going down you need to take care of self or you can't take care of others.

StressedM0mma

I'm sorry. We have all been in that place. I am right there with you right now. I try to do little things just for me. Even if it is getting a coffee while I am out I try to remember that it will not be like this forever, but while I am in the moment, it is hard.

L

Liahona

Buster's diagnosis is autism. And now his early intervention person is thinking he might have apraxia.

Thanks, guys. Your right my taking care of me has gone down hill. Time to make sure I get sleep, exercise, and posting on this site. This is my stolen me time.

BusynMember

If you are the primary caregiver, when hubby is home maybe he can watch the kids a one weekday night and one weekend day so you can do the things you love to do and relax with friends or join a very laid back enjoyable activity or just take a quiet walk and look at nature. Would he do that for you? You have to take care of yourself or you won't be any good for anybody else either.

DDD

Sending caring hugs your way. I agree with everyone else that you need a break. Truthfully having "stepping stone" children does not give a Mom time to adapt physically or emotionally. I absolutely understand that this is NOT my role as a CD family member but I really hope that you take a few years off from family expansion. Even with all easy child's it takes almost all of a Mom's time to just keep the household on an even keel. Sigh. My rare "alone time" has been spent with music and books. In retrospect I should have included physical exercise as a habit in my 20's and 30's as it is a proven stress reliever and health enhancer. DDD