Bye Bye Crib

Dara

We have officially taken the crib apart and out. Sammy helped with that. He had is own screwdriver and "helped" us take it apart! I am not so sure how it will go tonight. he has both been excited and crying about it so it is anyones guess here. Wish us luck and I hope it goes well tonight! :sleeping:

Steely

:woohoo:
Sending good thoughts your way! Let us know how it goes! I am so proud of Sammy! It sounds like he is really trying!

jannie

trying to survive....
Sounds exciting !! Please let us know how the evening goes !! :bravo: Just remember...the first night is always the worst....be strong !! Personally I'd make sure he was really tired before you try putting him down to bed...

Dara

The thing I am most worried about is that he will be playing all night instead of sleeping. I think he will enjoy his new found freedom. The bed has been next to the crib since August and this is the only way to get him to sleep in it. I am interested to see what happens tonight for sure!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Yeah!!!
The in-laws bought the girls a bunk bed... I still don't know how I feel about it?!?!? But even with N being out of her crib for months... both K and her did not sleep the first night... It was horrible... lots of crying, excitement, fear, they had to come to our bed, then back to their beds... they were exhausted by morning.
We snuck N back into her bed, in the morning we went to her bed and very animated, said Look at what a big girl you are!!! You slept in your big bed!!! YEAH!!!
We made a big deal about it... she was so excited and forgot that she did not fall asleep in it...
The next night went much easier... I laid in her bed and read to her...
She loves it now!!!

Good luck!!! keep us posted...

Dara

It is just after 10 pm and he fell asleep about 20 minutes ago. He was really good about it! He was very excited and then called "mommy" for about 2 hours! He didnt cry or anything! I was surprised when we just checked on him to find him sleeping in the bed! He was horizantal like he was in the crib but he is asleep! HOORAY!!!!!!

TerryJ2

Way To Go! Woo hoo! He's a Big Boy now.

I took our son's crib down way too early ... 1 yr ... but he was climbing out and ready to go head first onto the hardwood floor so I didn't have a choice. We didn't sleep for, oh, 3 yrs after that, because he was running all over the place. Maybe I should have let him crash head first to teach him cause and effect?

I am so happy for you and Sammy!

Yay for you, Dara!

I just took my easy child out of his crib over Christmas break and he is still taking 30 minutes to an hour to calm down and actually sleep. He loves to jump on the car bed and take the crib mattress out of it and bang on the walls and keep his brother from sleeping.Ugh!!

I am glad you are having such an easy time of it. You are truly lucky!!

Dara

We just put him down. I hope he will do well tonight too. I hear him talking right now which is fine.
Thanks for all of the good thoughts and praise. it is always nice to have something good to post!