Cat in heat???

Abbey

Spork Queen
How LONG does this go on? This cat is driving me crazy. She roams the house ALL DAY LONG whining and meowing.

Abbers

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh, a week or 10 days or so.

THe beauty of cats, I'm told, is that they don't ovulate until they are actually "in the act", so they have a better chance of procreating...so it can go on for quite a while...

Sorry.

tawnya

We finally had to get our cat spayed because she was in heat ALL.THE.TIME.

Sorry -- it really gets on your nerves.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm a good 10 days into this. It's really starting to annoy me. I'm tempted to hook her up with some tom cat just to get it over with.:tongue:

donna723

Is this one of the cats you got from the shelter? I'm surprised that they allowed her to be adopted without being spayed first! It doesn't cost that much for cats - one little trip to the vet and you won't have to worry about that any more!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
This is why I have a BOY cat. LOL And in this dept he seems content to be the perpetual kitten. :tongue:

Donna our shelter doesn't spay/neuter before adoption......they don't even require it. Would be nice. But in this rural area.....people would balk and no one would be adopting, partly due to cost, but also due to the fact that if they get really good pet they want the option of breeding it. At first I couldn't believe it. But there is only so much you can do to fight the hill billy mentality. lol

Abbey

Spork Queen
Naw, it's a friend's cat that I'm staying with. Going to go get spayed in a few days but I think it might be too late. She was missing for 3 days.

Now if someone could find my missing cell phone for the 100th time, I'd be good. My gosh, I should have this thing surgically attached to my being.

Someone call me.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
I dunno - how long did you do it? How old are you? :tongue:

Ah crud ------I know --------back to the corner.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Hound Dog, I resemble that hill billy comment....

Joking aside, I am shocked they don't spay/neuter, too. However, in my pursuit of barn cats...there's a heck of a lot of cats in the world today that don't have a clue what hunting is about. I've had about 3 that get it....so I can follow the hill billy logic, too....

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
The problem with cats is that they are reflex ovulators. They don't actually ovulate until they are bred. Unspayed female cats can develop all sorts of female problems if not spayed and kept unmated.

She can be spayed while in heat or in early pregnancy, though there is a little more risk involved.