Chapter Deux

flutterby

Fly away!
Like EW said, I don't want to wait another 20 years. So, I sent another email last night that read:

Ok. I'm not known for my diplomacy. I'm very direct. And patience has never been my strong suit.

I understand you're in a relationship. And I'm not one to go after another woman's man. But, I've thought about you over the years. A lot. And according to sources (who shall remain unnamed *coff coff*), so have you. So, can we cut the being guarded [koi] and just get to know each other? Friends? If that's not what you want, then that's ok.

I said some other stuff....then

So....that said....what did you ask Santa for? (one of the pics he sent me were of him and his dad with Santa)

He responded via Iphone:

Santa...? A redhead! ;)

:D

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, it's getting more and more interesting by the day! I look forward to follwing your little adventure like any normal vicarious thrill-seeker :D

Star*

call 911........call 911
phew.whew.......I was going to tell you to have Shari send you some of that pink dye. (you know.....just in case) :tongue:

JUST BE SURE.......THAT HE IS COMPLETELY DONE>>>>>WITH THE WOMAN HE IS WITH.......and is HONEST and UPFRONT WITH HER....BEFORE he and you ......have any sort of friendship.....OTHERWISE he is not an honorable man ......no if's ans or butts.
NOT NEGOTIABLE

You want him? Fine. You want him free and clear with no strings and nothing that YOU yourself would have to worry about. OKAY.....(says older, bigger sister to younger, smaller, red-headed sister.)

THIS TIME? YOU WANT TO DO EVERYTHING RIGHT - FROM THE GET GO.
STARTING WITH ----if you are involved...I'll talk to you when you tell her about me.

Not trying to be a kill joy.....but I'm not going to have you be upset six months from now when he makes some lame excuse because he either goes back to her because he "never really left her" or because he found someone else because "Well flutter you knew how I was when I met you."

Saying this out of complete & utter respect for you dear. "nuf sed";)

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Heather, you will never meet a more hopeful romantic than me....still, I have to say.....Ditto...every single word Star just said.

Hugs,
Suz

Marguerite

husband & I went to a movie yesterday for our 32nd wedding anniversary. We saw "It's Complicated". I heartily commend it to you. Maybe send this guy to see it as well. It has a very effective message similar to the one from Star - it shows why, it also shows how these things can happen and how complex things can become when you really don't think there's anything like that going to happen.

A very enjoyable movie anyway, and despite what I said, it isn't preachy. Steve Martin in a fairly serious role, but his comedic talent does get a chance to be let loose briefly.

Honestly - I think it will help you. And if not - you will enjoy a good film.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Heather, from one redhead (kinda - not natural) to another step away just as Star has said. You don't want the drama & stress of being the other woman.

AND you do not want to get involved with a man who's in a relationship & not honest with himself, his s/o or you.

You deserve better, sweetie ~ mean that from the bottom of my heart.

flutterby

Fly away!
I'm not getting involved with him. He's 600 miles away for one thing. For another, a lot has changed in 20 years. We may have nothing in common anymore.

But, I don't think there is anything wrong with getting to know him again. That's why I said in the email to him "Friends?". The other was just teasing. I am interested in how his life has gone the last 20 years. He was someone I cared about. Why wouldn't I be interested in how he's been?

I'm not desperate. I'm perfectly content being single.

Marguerite

That's one of the things we loved about the movie - seeing Alec Baldwin playing himself, so brilliantly! Watching him up on the screen you could really understand that yes, he could easily have done that.

Mind you, about that incident - Kim was as bad as him, posting that message on YouTube or wherever it got leaked.

No, in the movie, the guy he plays is sympathetic, sort-of, you CAN see how things happened and you can see the attraction and the fun, but you can also see the flip side and - yes, it IS complicated.

But very well done.

Steve martin comes out smelling like roses, Alec Baldwin's character does not. But you can also see that it's not b/w, it is more complex than that. You can't be married to someone for that long, produce children, and not recognise that once, at some time, there was something important between you. Otherwise, what do their children represent?

I don't want to say too much because it will give away too many surprises, but it's a good film for Alec Baldwin fans as well as Alec Baldwin haters. I guess it's more about balance, and finding your own centre in the midst of all the confusion. Even when you feel there is no confusion any more, everything is OK.

Sometimes it isn't as OK as you thought.

I don't think it will stay in the cinemas long, certainly not here in Australia. it's not a summer holidays film. Yesterday there were about six people in the cinema. Counting us.

Mind you, it took a bit for us to get used to Steve Martin looking - sculptured. His eyes don't look quite right. But Streep's character is against plastic surgery, that comes across well, early in the film in a rather fun scene.

Seeing Alec Baldwin's character struggling with his new wife and her bratty five year old son was fun. Very good therapy for any former wife whose husband traded her on a newer (and shrewder, it turns out) model. Revenge can be unexpected.

Marg