Checking in...How's everyone doing?

trinityroyal

Hello everyone!

We're hitting the mid-November mark and I just wanted to check in with all of you to see how you're doing.

Sharon (WO), how's your back feeling these days? Any better? I read on another thread about your anxiety symptoms. Any relief? Info from your doctor?

Sharon (LDM), how are you making out with your list? Still hitting the gym?

Fran, how have things been going with discipline? Is all-or-nothing still working, or have you been able to find a comfortable middle ground?

SRL, hope you've been able to manage the stress eating. It's so hard at this time of year.

Jo, how are you faring?

Marg? Michelle? JJJ? Sorry if I am missing anyone. If I have please check in anyway.

This slowing down business is a new one for me. I'm so used to rushing all over the place and not having any time to think. Having time to think is untold freedom, and a blessing. Even when the thoughts are sad or painful, having the time and space to mindfully think through things has been great.

Sharon (LDM), I have taken your suggestion to heart. Rather than mope about having nothing to do, I've been taking on all of those little projects that have fallen by the wayside over the last many months.

Today, I tidied up the linen closet and the guest room, caught up with some friends I haven't spoken to in months, made plans with one friend to go to one of those make-your-own pottery places in a few weeks. Yesterday, I took a book and sat by the fireplace, and napped for about 3 hours. Tomorrow...I don't know yet! And that in itself is a strange feeling.

I could get to like this!

Trinity

Fran

Former desparate mom
Trinity, I am working on discipline and planning this week. I have a big trip for the next 10days. Going to mom's which is quite a drive with 2 large puppies. So everything has to be planned for the car trip (I'm driving alone). Everything has to be taken care of at home to prevent disasters. So I am on discipline mode. Hopefully, I'll relax for a day or two at mom's before the hordes arrive.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Trinity,
Good for you for getting into the slowing down thing. I think so many of us are so on the go that at least I could use some slowing down.

Fran-I hope you do get the chance to do some relaxing! How do you do the trips with the dogs?

My back is feeling good overall. I've been doing weights and cardio but keeping the weights at about half of what I was doing. As for the anxiety/depression there are good and not so good days or really parts of days. The palpitations (sp?) are there much of the time no matter my mood so I'm beginning to wonder if something more is going on. I see the doctor tomorrow-actually just the nurse for an EKG. Something that I doubt it is but planning on mentioning, is my sister who was diagnosis'd with Grave's Disease (hyperthyroid). The interesting thing is she was diagnosis'd with Hypothyroid before and taking medications for it. I think it is rare that it reverses itself. Probably not what is going on with me especially considering the other gland failures I have but I'll bring it up.

Jena

Good for you, it is a strange feeling isn't it?? Yet you sound like you are using your time really well.

:) enjoy tmrw's adventure

LittleDudesMom

Trinity, thanks for posting the update! I'm glad you used some of my suggestions. With the last several months you've had, you deserve a nap by the fire! Another thing you could do is volunteer at difficult child's school. I bet they would love to have someone come up and read stories, be an extra set of hands with an art project, etc. I loved doing that when my kids were little!

Fran, I forgot about your big Thanksgiving duty! I know it's supposed to be fun, but it's a lot on your plate getting everything set and ready for the family when you're not in your own home. Isn't mom coming back with you? I hope the drive is safe and uneventful. I can't imagine the interstate drive with the two big dogs. My house is right off 95 if you need a friendly pit stop!!! You know the number.

Sharon, I hope you get some answers at the doctor appointment today. You've been dealing with some health issues the last few months and it will be nice to get an answer to this one. I'm glad you've found a way to keep moving with your back issues - if there's a will, there's a way!

As for me, I am hitting the gym religiously! My routine is basically Mon, Wed and Fri mornings I do one hour of weight training followed by an hour of cardio in the form of aqua aerobics - and then one or two other days of the week I do an hour of cardio. So I'm getting three days of weight training and four to five hours of cardio a week.

Since the weight training has been adding to my regimine, I've noticed a lot of changes. First and foremost, the weight loss has really slowed. I've only lost three pounds in the last month but I really feel the difference in my body. My clothes are looser and I actually am feeling stronger. I have really enjoyed the program my trainer put me on. But, the sagging skin continues to be something I need to emotinally overcome. To be frank, the underside of my arms have a lot of hanging skin, my inner thights have a sagging pocket of extra skin, and you can see extra skin just kinda hanging out on my legs! The trainer said that adding a weight training regimine like this will slow the weight loss for a little while my body adjusts to the changes - and that I would really notice changing shape and the weight will begin to fall off again shortly. They do want me to add another 20 minutes of cardio before I hit the weights, but time is tight.

I keep telling myself that it's ok - it means the fat is leaving. But it is a glaring symbol of what I allowed my body to become.

I'm not able to wear anything from last season and, with the economy concerns we all have, I am having to be very creative making fewer new pieces work!

But, all in all, I am very happy with my progress. I though I would have lost more by now, but I feel healthy and really enjoy my working out. I also have met some really nice folks at the gym and the view in the mornings ain't so bad either!!!

Keep on plugging.........

Sharon