Could this be a problem?

tiredmommy

This happened two nights in a row. I went into Duckie's room last night at 10:45, she had twisted herself up in her blankie and I figured I would straighten her out while she slept. She was very stiff... she was lying on back and had her knees bent. I couldn't lower her legs. She wasn't resisting me, just very rigid. I tried to move an arm and it was stiff too. It was kind of strange, usually she's all limp and easy to move.

????

klmno

I don't know- maybe it has something to do with the sleep patterns or growing spurts. I would ask the pediatrician about it. Has she been ill or had a change of routine? Maybe she is just sleeping deeper because of school starting back.

susiestar

Roll With It
Call the doctor or neuro ASAP - this is EXACTLY what Wiz did with abilify. It was considered a severe reaction.

Do your best to get her fully checked out as soon as possible! With Wiz it was not something we could duplicate while they did the EEG or even in the doctor's office. It happened twice - about a week after he started abilify and then the next evening.

But after we stopped it DID go away.

Many hugs, I hope it goes away for Duckie. Be sure to ask her if it hurt. I can't remember if Wiz did.

tiredmommy

Thanks for the responses. I don't think it's a medication reaction as she's on Zyrtec and Nasonex only. She's been on both several months and has been tolerating them well. husband just checked her and she was loose. She has been a little, um, intense since the first day of school. Maybe she's just not relaxing?

crazymama30

Does she have any history of seizures? I do not know much about them but it was the first thing that came to mind. I wonder if she could be having a really intense dream or something. Just watch her like you are doing already.

smallworld

TM, I give my daughter M growth hormone shots every night while she is sleeping. Sometimes she is as floppy as a rag doll and other times she is quite rigid. I've wondered if it has to do with where she is in her sleep cycle when I go in to her room.

busywend

I was thinking some sort of sleep pattern, too. Perhaps she was dreaming at that time.
Here is an idea. Have husband set his alarm for every hour on the hour and go in and check Duckie. Then you will know for sure what she is like all night long.

:tongue: