crazymama, what's goin' on?

crazymama30

You may be asking me to write novel.

husband missed his appointment last week with psychiatrist, his friend who was gonna help me had to go pick his sick son up from school (he is a single dad, recently widowed). I called psychiatrist and he doubled the Tegretol (I had previously faxed psychiatrist a report on recent events). I then forgot to tell husband that psychiatrist doubled the medication, so husband accused me of drugging him to get him locked up. For the most part he has been taking his medications. Has picked through the tegretol and taken out a few hundred mg here and there. Is still spending like a mad man, blows up over nothing and everything. Angry because I have not been working---I don't leave him alone with the kids when he is like this or let him drive them anywhere. I think the anger comes from anxiety as I am the only one working. I am still getting paid and have a FMLA leave I am taking this time off under, so my job is as secure as it can be.

husband is trying to fix a very messed up friend, and the drama is not helping. Myself and countless others, even the guys wife, have told him to back off that you cannot help someone untill they want to help themselves but he will not listen. husband is either making up stories or confused because of the high tegretol dose. He could be hallucinating again, but I cannot be sure. I am out to get him, I just want to drug him, and psychiatrist and I are scheming against him. I told husband he could call psychiatrist himself, but he won't.

He has an appointment with psychiatrist tommorrow. I already called 2 close friends, one is more like his dad than his real dad and the other is like a brother, and they are coming over to be sure he gets to the appointment. husband does not deal well with women waking him up when he is like this as his step mom used to wake him up when he was a teen by throwing 5 gallon buckets of icy pond water on the boys to wake them. I don't know if I can or if I want to wake him up. Tommorrow the kids are out of school at 1pm, so my mom is going to pick them up and go do something fun with them, a movie or video games or something so I do not have to worry about the kids being involved. They have been involved enough.

Today so far he seems the best he has in weeks, maybe the tegretol is working. I am still keeping the plan in place for tommorrow. I think I have all my bases covered in that aspect.

I am doing the best I can. Sometimes I can barely handle it and other times I am ok. This is so so hard, I love husband more than I ever knew, but in order for us to be together he MUST be medication compliant. I will tell him this when the time is right, but the time is not right now. I saw my therapist today, and will see her again Thursday. She has been a godsend, as has husband's psychiatrist. His psychiatrist has been having me call him every day since I called him last Thursday(at least when the office is open). I don't know if psychiatrist will send him to a psychiatric hospital, or if he does if it will be here or over in the larger populated area. I am not sure. At this point my goal is to get him to the appointment tommorrow, from there it is psychiatrist's game.

Thank you all for your support. These last few weeks have been hell and scary. I need my husband back and my kids need their daddy back, and I hope we are on the way to achieving that goal.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
You are doing amazingly well (it sounds, anyway) for such a stressful and frightening situation. I think you DO have all the bases covered and are doing all that you can. The rest is up to him. Hang in there -- I'll be praying for you and him and hope that all goes without a hitch tomorrow!

(((((Hugs)))))

Mattsmom277

Hope things go well tomorrow and that improvement is swift. You are a strong and loving woman. He is lucky to have you. I hope he is more medication compliant from now on. (((hugs)))