Curve ball

New Leaf

My quote thingee is not working. The GAL is a court appointed attorney. All three kids have the same woman. I’m not sure if things are different in each state. Thank you Overwhelmed. I am trying to see the good in having State involvement, as far as the kids getting the help they need. Hopefully I can navigate the system to their benefit. The wheels churn painfully slow, and I am not savvy to the workings of it. Keeping prayerful that it will work out in my grands favor, but also wary and watchful.
Thank you for your good wishes.
(((Hugs)))
Leafy

Kalahou

Dear Leaf, I am always following along with all your posts. This is a very hard situation for you. (But I understand why you are doing and giving your all.)

I’m here daily to read and send some vibes of strength and blessing your way … (I’m not posting these days ... still dealing with fragile roller coaster ride(s) ~ on the edge and trying to balance.)

Guard your heart and mind, dear Tita. Onipa’a kakou.
Mana’o me na pule. ~K

New Leaf

Aloha Kalahou,
Mahalo nui for your kindness and mana’o. I as well pray for your strength and perseverance. I am sorry to hear that the rollercoaster ride is affecting your balance. It is a hard journey we walk, but what else can we do but try our best to stay in the light? For some reason we are here. I took a hiatus from posting a while back. I do understand the need and so appreciate you taking time to comfort me.
It’s one day at a time, I am trying to focus on my grands and not fall into the realm of endless what if’s. In the long run, what will be, will be.
Much love and wishes for stability for all of us, no matter what circumstances come our way.
Hauoli Makahiki Hou dear sister. Malama pono.
Kulia i ka nu’u!
Leaf

Acacia

I think that it’s the system giving chances and covering legalities. On the slim chance that a parent will come clean and walk the straight and narrow, yes this is great for all involved. I think we are all here predisposed to count all the negatives, because of our own experiences with our waywards and how traumatized we have been and are. It is difficult to imagine putting a child through that.
The system is overwhelmed, understaffed, and often not up to the research on the cumulative effects of trauma on children. My heart breaks for you and your family. Sadly, traumatized children (and adults) are most often retraumatized once in the system despite the best intention of those in authority.

You are a warrior to keep fighting for your grands and Tornado, too.

here are moments of guilt, where I feel that at least if I saw my daughters periodically that may have an effect on them. But that is covered over by the reality of their situations. It is unsafe for me. I give them to God and hope they will find their way. In all honesty that is coupled with grief that I have no control over their choices.
This is wise. Your safety emotional and physical safety are paramount. Try to let go of the guilt; I don't believe it will have an effect now, but that does not mean that someday you will be able to interact.