difficult child 2 relapsed

flutterby

Fly away!
And crashed with his head on the keyboard at my desk where he stayed until the older two moved him to the couch this morning. I couldn't get him up and asked easy child to and that's when I found out about how he slept, the hollowed out pin and cigarette wrapper. I found the white powder.

He denied, denied, denied, but I reminded him that I grew up with this **** and that I know what a hollowed out pen, a cigarette wrapper and white powder mean.

He then admitted it. I stayed calm, but was/am very upset. I let him know how much trust he lost with me. He started to cry.

He said he was in a really bad place in his head last night and no one (his friends) would talk to him. I told him he could've woken me up.

There is a part of me that feels to blame because I hadn't locked up my medications (it was my vicodin he snorted, plus took 3 klonopin) - I hadn't had a need to. He's been doing so well. But, ultimately this is on him. I hate shopping on Black Friday, but I will be out to get a lock box/safe thing.

easy child and DF are taking difficult child with them to my mom's, so that difficult child 2 and I can go alone in my car and talk.

Happy freaking Thanksgiving. I feel like I'm going to throw up.

Last edited:

crazymama30

Hugs. There is someone close to me who was into pills done this way, and it is harsh. I hope he is able to stop, and definately get the lock box.

And if anyone knows a good place to get a lock box/safe thing, let me know. I don't even know where to look.

I got mine a couple years ago at Wal-mart. I don't remember how much it cost, but it seemed very affordable. I got a fireproof/waterproof lockbox, so that I can use it for other things later, when I no longer have need to lock up medications. Even though difficult child is now out of the house, I still have a young child here, and so I figure I might as well keep it for its current purpose until she is older, just to be on the safe side.

Update:

I just did a quick check on walmart.com and see a huge selection, including one that looks like mine (Sentry). Price range is huge, but really no need to spend a lot, in my opinion. With mine, in order to open it, a person would have to know the trick to push down on the lid before pulling open, even if it's unlocked. If you think you can hold out a few days, an online order might keep you out of the Black Friday madness. Good luck.

Last edited:

DammitJanet

I got mine at Walmart too and it is a Honeywell. It is a combo type but also has a key that is hidden in case you ever need to get into it without the combo. Obviously I keep the key well hidden. You can set your own combo so you dont have to remember some pre-defined combo.

My safe is bolted down so it cannot be carried off.

I think I paid like 70 bucks for it.

flutterby

Fly away!
He fell asleep in the car on the way home from dinner and is asleep in the chair in the living room. He also took 100mg Seroquel last night, instead of his normal 50mg so that's not helping.

This all happened because of a fight with his mom. He's been better with using healthy coping skills, but obviously not last night.

So, we keep working.....

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm so sorry, Heather. That just hoovers. I'd be feeling sick over it, too. I hope you can find a suitable lock box. He's lucky he didn't overdose.

everywoman

Flutter, even when an addict is "doing" well, you can't trust them around medications. I have to lock up any and everything that comes into my house or hide in a really obscure place. husband and difficult child don't want to use, but if they are stressed, they will break and do it if the opportunity to get it is there. Lock everything away or find a really good hiding place.

jal

I am so sorry, Heather. TG he's OK, physically. Definately get the safe, if you can. Good thoughts to you and difficult child 2.