difficult child called...

T

toughlovin

And I am doing a cautious happy dance. He sounded really good. He feels it was the right decision to go down there and is planning on staying down there and going to the sober house and continuing with outpatient treatment. He sounds like he still wants help and is still admitting he needs help. He thanked us for his birthday present which was an ipod that does not have internet access.... he said it helps a lot to have his music.

I can't tell you how happy this makes me.... and honestly there was a point not too long ago that i thought he would never want help and I was just resigned to him ending up in prison. I am proud of him that he is continuing to do what he needs to do.

For those of you trying to decide if you kick them out, or to stop enabling them in some major way, I say go for it.... sometimes it is the only way they will reach the point where they will realize they need help. We really can't save them if they won't save themselves.

TL

lovemysons

Thinking of you Toughlovin!

So glad your son is reaching out for self help...trying to take care of himself.
Sounds very hopeful!

LMS