difficult child coming home

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
difficult child comes home on Saturday. :smile: She's been pushing exh all week to bring her home early, but he keeps refusing her requests! :bravo: He knows I don't want her home a day sooner. I will relish H and my one last evening alone in the house. :smile:

I sent her the contract, which exh went over with her. She was annoyed that we keep saying the same thing to her and actually told me so. It was a good opening for us to discuss how we've been saying the same thing since forever and needed to have it in writing so she fully understands what the consequences will be if she does not abide by our house rules (she will be out). She quieted then and said, "I know, mom, I want to come home because I know I have been wrong in what I was doing and I hate it here - I don't know how you were ever able to live with dad!!" :slap: (had a good laugh over that one!) :rofl:. But I know it's all lip service on her part. In any event, we've created the contract, she's read it, we've all gone over it with her and when she returns on Saturday, we will have her sign it. We've already sent out her resume to several places and hopefully she will be employed ASAP :angel:. We're doing retail, office buildings, etc. Everyplace we can think of. lol.

Anyway, lend me some strength! :warrior: Thanks ladies - you're awesome. :flower:

busywend

Well, hopefully she has come to appreciate you and H a bit more. Having the contract will be helpful. I hope it spells out the consequence if the rule is broken. That seems to be key with my difficult child.

Good luck to you all! And enjoy your last night with husband!

:smile:

Kathy813

Staff member
I hope that your difficult child used this time apart to reflect on what happened and learn from it. I've got my fingers crossed for smoother sailing from here on out.

~Kathy