difficult child GOT PICKED UP!!!!!!

hearthope

YYYYEEEEAAAA!!!!!!!

God is Good!!!!

difficult child and his bio-dad and his difficult child buddy kept calling easy child to go to difficult child buddy's house to get his check from the mail box. easy child refused and called me to let me know what was going on.

I was livid! One that they are involving easy child and two my son is with his father trying to get money from his friend. (there will be a special place in hell for a parent that gets high with their child)

I had my panic attack return. I was in fight mode and could have killed bio-dad with my bare hands, but I couldn't leave the shop. I started praying. I yelled out in my prayers that I couldn't take this any longer. I went thru every possible thing I could do in my mind and each thing I came up with I realized it wouldn't work. So, again I prayed. I handed it all to God. Each time my mind would race I would call out loud that it was coming back and I couldn't take it.

At 4:00, my son's difficult child buddy came thru the door. He said "Corey and his dad got picked up!"

Driving to go get buddy's check in a car with an expired tag. His dad was driving and was arrested for DUI, my son's name was run and came back with his warrants.

He answered my prayer in the same day. I am humbled. When I finally let it all go, he took control and now he is safe in jail.

My son went to jail with his own father.

I pray that he sees him for what he is and stays away from him!

The po will call me in the morning when she gets a docket.

Traci

Ally

Im glad that he was picked up. Its such a relief to know where your child is and that are safe (so to speak)

Ally

DammitJanet

Well Im glad you know where he is now and that they picked him up. May this week...maybe even today...be the day they pick up all the Cory's.

Traci,

Your post moved me in a way that I can't even explain. To see miracles unfold before my very eyes is something that I do not take lightly.

What happened today was nothing short of a miracle.

God is good, indeed. Praise His holy name.

Ditto on the God is good part!!! I just hope when mine gets out of jail I can be as strong as some of you. Someone asked me earlier not on this post but somewhere else why I wouldnt let my son come home because of marijuana - that is the tip of the iceberg. It kinda made me feel guilty because it is not what a mother heart wants to do = maybe this time it is necessary. I think God intervened when my son went to jail because I prayed for him to over and over. Hurrah for you!

scent of cedar

A miracle.

A bona fide miracle.

They say that if we allow ourselves to see it, they are everywhere.

Still, it is eerie to think about the how and why of this one.

Would you put in a prayer for my difficult child too, hearthope?

You never know....

Barbara

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Not your typical father-son male-bonding ritual :hammer:. I'm glad they both got picked up and are safe, Traci.

Suz

witzend

I have read this thread since you first posted, and I just don't know where to start. I totally get everything that you are saying. But the father son thing that is going on here just makes me sick. Particularly the "father" part of it.

I guess we know that there are druggies and losers who never grow up, and eventually they even grow into old men (and women) and some never change their ways. But to be carrying on with his son that way!

Yes, there should be a special place in hell.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm glad difficult child was picked up, you have the peace of knowing where he is and that he is safe.

(((((hugs)))))

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
How sad - hopefully difficult child will get some time to ruminate on what he has been doing and how unnatural it is for a father to be doing this kind of stuff.

Marcie

Sunlight

God truly is good.

my ex used to make ant get in more and more trouble. he once bought ant a car and gave him 2000.00 to run away from the cops..this while ant had already had 3 DUIs and warrants out. I envisioned time again stabbing my ex thru the heart with a knife.

You didnt know I had that in me, did you :wink:

now perhaps your son can get help some how or at least hit bottom some way. God can intervene.