difficult child II is home

G

guest3

So far so good, we had a minor blow over me not letting him run off outside to find friends, but difficult child I came through and chaperoned him out for 1/2 hour and then they came home.

difficult child II did not eat dinner and didn't even try to get dessert, so I am concerned over lack of appetite. He also fell asleep on his own at 9:30 on the floor again (not sure what's with sleeping on the floor)

2morrow difficult child I & II will be home with d/h (it's his scheduled day off) I am hoping to get into work early and out as soon as possible. D/H is still an emotional wreck, but has made some calls to set up appointment for counseling today. So one day at a time.

In home therapist for difficult child II comes for the 1st time 2morrow night. I also have to see when day program will start up.

thank you all for dealing with my mental rambling this past week LOL

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm glad the first day home went well-I was thinking about you today. I'm glad to hear husband is going for counseling.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I was looking for an update from you as well. I'm glad to hear that discharge day went so well.

Give difficult child time to settle in....the exhaustion, lack of appetite could be anxiety based due to the transition home.

Glad to hear that husband is looking into counseling.

Alisonlg

Glad to hear that things are going well so far! Here's to a good first day home for both of us! :smile: And here's to an even better tomorrow! :smile:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am so happy for you also!!! 2 good discharge stories today!!! How nice! I am keeping up the good thoughts for you and gfgII.

:bravo: and a good glass of :smile:

F

flutterbee

I'm glad he's home. I know you feel better having him with you.

Is he taking the vistaril? It's sedating and that might be why he's falling asleep like that.

busywend

:dance: :bravo:

My difficult child slept on the floor for about a year. Was not something I was willing to battle. She did many things that seemed backwards. It seemed as if she was doing things backwards just to be 'defiant' - but I do believe it is just her being different.

Sheila

Glad to read it's going so well. :grin:

As strange as it may sound, sleeping on the floor is one of my difficult child's anxiety symptoms. When he moves from the bed to the floor, I know the anxiety is high. When he moves back into his bed, he's resettling.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sheila, now that you point that out - kt's mattress is on the floor, has been since discharge from Residential Treatment Center (RTC). Everytime I bring up a bed frame for her she refuses.