difficult child is home

Wiped Out

Staff member
difficult child was discharged today. I'm not 100% sure he is ready but they weren't going to do much more. In the end the only real change was upping the Loxapine by 5 mg. Heck, we've done that ourselves many times. There were a few changes with timing of other medications but nothing major.

They were saying they thought he was doing so much better. That remains to be seen. He did get angry a few times tonight, swore once, and threatened me once but didn't do anything. At one point when he was angry he went to take a few deep breaths-on his own accord. That was good.

I guess the verdict is out for now. I wish I could say I was optimistic...

On the bright side we made it through the second step in trying to get him in the program that will provide us with more help. We now go to an Arbitration Review Board meeting. It's Tuesday at 3:25. I know his therapist and mine wanted to be there. I just hope I will be able to get in touch with them before then as it's a holiday and they may have Monday off.

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
Sharon,

Prayers being said that difficult child will be able to use more and more coping skills before acting out. The taking deep breaths is a great step in that direction!!!

Hugs of hope,
Vickie

Ephchap

Sharon,

Joining in, hoping that things improve and fingers crossed that the meeting on Tuesday goes well.

Welcome home, difficult child !

Hugs,
Deb

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sounds like the professional goals or insurance companies goals were met. Too bad they didn't check with what you think your child needs.
Don't know what to say but hopefully you will get through a day or two before behavior returns.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well.......

I just wish I had something clever or cute to say to help, but I've been in this situation more times than I care to count. So don't let your guard down - and hope for the best and prepare for the other.

Hugs
Star

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Holding good thoughts and praying either docs get to see this side of difficult child or else difficult child begins to improve.

(((hugs)))

Wiped Out

Staff member
Overall, today was good. He slept til 8:00 which he never does.

He had a few moments of explosive yelling. He stopped very quickly and even apologized one of the times.

One time when his sister was yelling at him-(she has very little patience with him) he told her he just needed to say please stop instead of yelling-good for difficult child.

Vickie-Thanks for the prayers-it would be great to see him utilize more of the coping skills he has been taught!

Deb-Thanks for the good wishes!

Fran-Yeah-it would be nice if they asked what we thought. I guess the good thing is we'll be back to working with our psychiatrist and he gets it.

Dara-Thanks for the hugs and good wishes!

BBK-Thanks for the strength-I need the cautious optimism too but am not feeling it yet.

Star-Yeah-never let your guard down is right-sadly so!

Michele-Thanks for the love and good thoughts!

Lisa-Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers. Thankfully his psychiatrist has seen him in action to some extent-just wish the hospital one had.

Beth-Thanks-hopefully he will at least qualify for the program and we will get more help!

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
Hugs and prayers

Sounds like we are in the same place, accept my difficult child II is going to be going in hospital soon unless things change, it's the 1st time I've had a Dr. who is offering b4 there's some kind of crisis. She is smart enough to see one is coming.