difficult child Is Learning To Pay His Debts

B

Bunny

The other day difficult child has a major meltdown and he hit easy child's bedroom door so hard that he put a large crack it. I told him that he was going to have to pay for a new door. He said that he wasn't going to do that. I told him if he refused he would not get any allowance until the cost of the new door was paid up. He said that if I didn't give him his allowance he would take out of my wallet. I tried to walk away because I could see I was getting no where Then he said that if we made him pay for it that he would kill himself because it's all my fault that he got angry in the first place (when isn't it my fault?) and that if anyone should pay it should be me.

easy child and I leave the house and he finally manages to cool off. He acknowledges that what he did was wrong and he could he do some extra chores to help pay for it? husband and I agreed that this would be okay.

Today he asks if he could buy a new game for his Steam account. I told him no, that if he had $30 for a new game that he needed to give that money to us to put towards the damages that he caused. You pay what you owe to people before you buy things like games. After ranting about how unfair that was, he walked away.

Seriously, this kid needs to go back to school. No school all last week because of the hurricane (we only got power back Friday night). He wasn't going to school tomorrow because it's Confirmation day, but the district is closed again for the next two days. Monday because of storm damage and Tuesday for election day.

T

TeDo

NICE way to handle it and stick to it. That's the way it works in the REAL WORLD. Better he start learning now so it's not such a surprise when he grows up. LOL