difficult child may have a JOB!

dstc_99

difficult child got a call from ManPower yesterday telling her they had a position for her here on the military base we live at. From the generic information they gave her and my connections on post I have pretty much figured out where she is going to be working. I know that sounds crazy since most people apply at the location or online for a specific job but the military is odd and a lot of the time when you apply for something you don't really know where you are going to wind up. Take my job for instance I was hired through Detroit, MI but I work on Fort Lewis WA. The position title and information given sounded like I was applying for a position in a totally different office from where I wound up. LOL

Anyway difficult child applied over a month ago for a generic job description with locations all over the base. Litterally it was for kids 14-19 who were military dependants to work in all kinds of little shops that are here. From what I can tell she is going to work at the base's version of Staples. Its a supply store for offices and isn't open to the general public so she will only deal with Soldiers and Civilian Army employees. Her non military connections will be limited to other employees. The military is big into using green resources and utilizing handicapped individuals so the company she will be working for is a foundation for the blind. ManPower is just a hiring agent.

She will be making good money for a kid and her dad and I have already decided that she will need to be helping out with her bills.

Anyway so far so good! They basically told her as long as she passes the background check and shows up for the interview she has the job.

tryagain

Hi DSTC, I returned to the forum last night after a couple of months away (spent in the continuing effort to get difficult child into her living situation). I hope the job is working out for your daughter. Right now I am just hoping my difficult child is still hanging on to her job. It is so hard to tell what is accurate and what is not from what they say.

dstc_99

So far she has done almost all the paperwork. I refuse to push her. She doesn't have a mental or physical disability that keeps her from finishing the paperwork. If she does it she basically has been gauranteed a job if she doesn't then she will be looking at moving.

I am so anal retentive that I have to get things done right away. So I am sitting on my lips keeping myself from losing my sanity because she is taking her time.

tryagain

Dstc, we are going through such similar situations. Although I am sorry you are having to deal with this, nonetheless it is comforting to know that I am not the only one who has this situation.

I know what you mean about them filling out their own paperwork. I am also a very organized person who likes to get things done. It is physically painful to see her procrastinate and talk about doing things yet not following through.

I go day to day praying she will hold on to her job. One day at a time.

dstc_99

She went to fill out her I-9 and a few other forms with Manpower (the middle man). They have sent her resume to hiring entity and said they should hear back soon.

On another note she is watching a 3 week old today for a friend. This should be the best birth control ever!!! LOL