difficult child Refusing To Go To therapist

B

Bunny

When he left for school this morning I reminded him that he had a therapist appointment for tonight. I had a babysitter schedule to stay with easy child and everything. When he got home from school I again reminded him about the appointment and he tells me that he's not going. Just not going. I asked him why and he tells me that he's not going because of what happened yesterday with his father. He's still upset and angry about it and doesn't want to talk to the therapist about it. "This happened to me you know!" was the answer I got. I told him that it happened to the rest of us, too, in case he forgot. Anyway, I asked if he thought the therapist would be disappointed with the behavior that he displayed and he said, "Probably." I guess that's something.

I called the therapist and explained what was going on and asked what I should do. He said that he felt that forcing him to go would be counter-productive, so we cancelled the appointment and the therapist said to tell difficult child that he is looking forward to seeing him next week. difficult child was relieved and he did not have to go and I told him that no matter what happened this week or next weekend, he was going to the therapist appointment on Monday.

So, now I have a free two hours that I was not planning on having.