difficult child - The next generation

muttmeister

difficult child 2 has 3 kids: a baby (will be a year in October), a 4 year old who is very verbal, precocious, and reasonably well-behaved, and the 3 year old:tongue:!!!
Today, he did a header out of his bedroom window. He's been pounding on the windows and they've tried to teach him not to but today he went running at top speed and went right through. He ended up at the emergency room but he didn't need stitches. The window is less than a yard from the ground so he didn't fall far. So he was really very lucky.

Tomorrow, difficult child and his wife have to go to school (Headstart) to see if he will be allowed to continue or if he will be kicked out for this year. It seems that he didn't want to do as he was told so he threw himself on the floor and when that didn't get the results he wanted he called the teachers all (insert the name for a female dog). He doesn't talk plainly, so it is amazing that this one word came out so that they could understand it so well. School only started less than 2 weeks ago and already we are to this point. difficult child says he doesn't think the kid is ready for school anyway and I tend to agree but he also goes to PALS for speech so I hope they can at least leave him in that as he does have a wonderful speech teacher and he seems to be making some progress.

It sure is nice to let difficult child deal with this stuff; I continually remind him that what goes around comes around and he is only getting a taste of what he put me through all of those years. Being the Grandma is good.;)

busywend

Holy cow! That must have been scary! Yes, he has a true difficult child on his hands. I hope Gma is not planning on sleep overs!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
OH WOW. That would be super scary. In most houses the windows are a bit higher? Is there any way to block them, short of putting bars up?!

muttmeister

Well, I think the window problem is solved, at least for awhile: they were here for a BBQ last night and difficult child says that the kid won't even go near the window. Maybe he's not a true difficult child after all because if my older difficult child had done that and seen the results, he probably would have thought it was funny and proceeded to try to knock them ALL out.

Now we'll wait and see how the school situation plays out.

DammitJanet

Oh Mutt, I have to tell you I am LMAO. Not at the window thing but at the school issue. I also didnt realize difficult child 2 had a 3rd baby! Gosh, tell him to keep it zipped! 3 is enough...lol.

He has a lil fella just like him huh? Only made it 2 weeks...giggling. Keyana has been in that long too. She is doing ok though because she has been in daycare her whole life. I expect Jamie will have the same issues when Haillie hits Headstart. That little girl has quite the mouth on her.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yikes!!! Getting kicked out of Headstart??? I'm sure they can be more creative on how to redirect that behavior.

I'm also sure in some pocket of your mind you're thinking...payback buddie.:tongue:

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
Oh it is good to see them struggle with what they put you through. My mom never hesitates to remind my bro and I of that. Just yesterday she told me my bro was complaining because his daughter doesn't want to sit still while he braids her hair. She has lovely long hair. I have let him know that lice LOVE LOVE LOVE long hair and keeping her in a braid is a way to help her avoid them. But his ex won't do her hair in a braid because it takes too long (read i am hungover from Bud Light and suboxone).

My mom almost CACKLED when she told me, because he gave her FITS about getting his hair even slightly trimmed!!

I am glad the child was not hurt. My windows are high enough off the ground as to give my pcs' a second thought about going out of them.

ODD how they get those cuss words out so clearly, isn't it?

I hope that Head STart can keep him or give him an IEP or something. maybe the boy needs extra help with sensory integration?

muttmeister

Well, they didn't kick him out of headstart. His speech teacher was there from PALS and said he is making good progress and that is the one area he really needs so that was good news.
Yes, I enjoy just sitting back and letting somebody else deal with the problems and, believe me, I do remind difficult child of what he was like at that age. I remember that when difficult child 2 was in kindergarten, he had gotten new cowboy boots so he used them to kick the teacher. So maybe just calling her a bad name during a tantrum is not so bad after all. Anyway, I can just chuckle to myself and know it is his turn now.

Star*

call 911........call 911
You know Mutt -

This is like Freaky Friday or something from the Twilight Zone because I SWEAR to you I think it was JUST YESTERDAY you had posted pictures of your boys in Goth wear in the cemetery - and writing about their antics and now here you are Grammie writing about your Grandson taking a header out of the school window calling the teacher a female dog, and I would have given all this weeks lunch allowance to watch the hamster on the wheel in difficult child-Daddy's head think this one through when you said...those FAMOUS words....(mwah ha ha )

What comes around, goes around....

Yup....it certainly does. :tongue:

I'm glad your grandson is okay though. But maaaaan I really would have sacrificed my lunch money for a trip into the brain of your son. lol.

:peaceful: