difficult child tried to do H.W.

StressedM0mma

And it seemed to be going well, and it didn't end well. A fit ensued. Couldn't figure out how to answer the questions using the scientific calculator. UGH!! Pencil went flying. I told her the pencil throwing was not cool, and to go get it. She had the dog come up and he seems to be helping her settle down. He climbs up with her and licks all over her and snuggles. It helps her get control. Now, if I could just get her to refocus on doing some more of a different subject. But, I am not going to push my luck. I just keep telling myself babysteps. Maybe she will do the fill in the blank pages I saw. One can dream right?

T

TeDo

I hope you left the fill in the blank pages wide open for her to see. That might help prompt her? Wishful thinking? What was she trying to do on the scientific calculator?

StressedM0mma

She was doing something in her Algebra 2 class. I just asked straight out about the fill in the blank, and it was not H.W. she recycled it. Trying hard not to get upset.

T

TeDo

Not much else you can do unless you can "help" her learn to use it the way she needs to. I feel for her but yes, it is frustrating watching them shut down completely when something gets "too hard".

L

Liahona

She tried in the first place! That is a step in the right direction. This is difficult child 1's first year of getting the homework home. Just getting it home and being willing to start it are good steps.

True there are more steps to do.