difficult child update

Wiped Out

Staff member
I took difficult child to see the pediatrician today and he officially has the flu.:sick: Then I talked to the people at the psychiatric hospital. They said he is officially considered non contagious 7 days after the onset of his cough. He also needs to not have a fever for 48 hours.

What this all boils down to is they keep him on the waiting list. They said if at all possible if we can keep him at home until he is better it is the best way to go. Otherwise they will have to wear masks and said that doesn't do much to build trust which I agree. So we wait... until at least Sunday unless he becomes too unsafe.

Poor thing, he is on his 3rd nap of the day.

Sharon,

I hope difficult child feels better soon!!! I hope you, husband, and easy child stay healthy!!!

I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts... I hope difficult child will be able to remain at home until he is no longer contagious. Sunday will be here soon!!!

In the meantime, try to take care of yourself the best you can. I know how hard it is when you have an unstable difficult child at home!!! I know it is a zillion times worse when your unstable difficult child is also sick!!!

Hugs, WFEN

F

flutterbee

I hope he's feeling better soon. The timing could have been better, eh?

meowbunny

Sorry that intake has to wait and even sorrier he is feeling so badly. At least when they're truly sick you get to see (and remember) what angels they can be. It's the recovery period that stinks.

smallworld

Sharon, so sorry difficult child has the flu. Did your pediatrician by chance prescribe Tamiflu to lessen the severity of the sx?

My kids are actually pretty sweet when they're sick. Maybe that will happen to difficult child . . . I guess you can hope!

Please take care of yourself this week. And wash, wash, wash your hands. Hugs.

Star*

call 911........call 911
(makes sign of cross, covers mouth, dives for her lysol and germx)

-From a distance -

I SURE HOPE HE FEELS BETTER - somewhere over there.

Hugs
germophobe
Star:D