Dinner- I just can't decide!

klmno

I'm picking something up tonight instead of getting something at wally world to tie me over. I am the worst about waiting until I'm so hungry that I can't decide- you know, the horse that starved trying to decide which bale of hay to eat...that's me!! LOL!!

So what is your vote...Mexican, a lower end japanese restaurant that supposedly has decent, inexpensive food (for Japanese) and fabulous shrimp sauce and a drive-thru (believe it or not), or Applebee's?? I want to drive thru or call an order in and bring it back to the room and I don't want to spend over $20.

Mattsmom277

I vote Mexican in honor of all of us freezing our tooshes off in this blustery weather. Mexican food just sparks the imagination of warmth and sun lol. Enjoy whatever you eat! (I'm awful too if I get too hungry, I end up unable to decide too haha)

klmno

I have gone back and forth as I wrapped a gift for the office holiday party. Right now I'm leaning toward Applebbes because I realized I can get a steak & shrimp for under $20- now I'm weighing the pros and cons of being able to call it in and walk to it against driving somewhere but not having to walk any in this blistering cold- maybe I can call it in and still drive, even though it's right around the corner.

There are times I'm so bad about this, when difficult child isn't at living at home, that I give up and skip it. I don't want to do that tonight- it leaves me too jittery in the mornings.

LittleDudesMom

You've probably already decided, but I would choose Japanese! I love their sauces! If you want a nice rounded meal, Arby's is great - 1/4 roasted chicken, two veggies and a roll - under $10.....

Most of those choices sound better than what difficult child and I have planned tonight - leftover bbq chicken, left over mashed potatoes, tiny pinch of left over pulled pork, some left over green beens, and applesauce! It's just all getting pulled out of the oven and put on the stove for us to take what we want! Can you tell I've been baking all day and do to want to cook? Plus, the fridge needs cleaning out!

Enjoy your din-din.

Sharon

klmno

Yep- I'm going with applebees, mainly because it's so darn cold here....but I definitely agree- Japenese food is the greatest! I just didn't want to drive that far to take a chance on a drive-thru Japenese restaurant. I'll wait and maybe find a friend or even "if" difficult child comes home, go with someone else to a nice Hibachi style dinner.

I checked weather online yesterday and agin this morning...it was supposed to be 39 where I live and about 40-42 here. I have to quit using that website. It was snowing when I woke up at home, at least 1/2 of the drive here, and I can assure you, it's been below 40 here all afternoon. I have warm clothes, a warm bed, and heat...I'm grateful! I'd rather be here than having my own home but feeling the way I did last year.

I'm finding myself again. :)

klmno

LDM- I might be odd in this area too, but I love most leftovers! Even difficult child likes a lot of them! Lord knows, I wouldn't have survied (or should I say, difficult child wouldn't have) as a single working mom when he was little without planning meals that incorporated left-overs a couple of times a week. I have some chilli frozen in the freezer at home for my dinner when I return this weekend!

DammitJanet

We have a great place here that does carry out japanese. We get it quite often. Well not like weekly but often for fast food like that...maybe once a month or so. It runs about 8 bucks a plate here for take out hibachi steak and shrimp.

klmno

Wow! Ok- I'll check my bank balance- maybe I'll try this place later in the week. I've been trying to satisfy the urge for that kind of food by cooking similar stirfry at home and using storebought shrimp sauce but if I can get it thru a drive thru, it's probably cheaper.