easy child/difficult child-wow

Wiped Out

Staff member
easy child/difficult child really surprised me in a good way last weekend. She came home from work one night and said she wanted to take me shopping for a birthday present. I told her she didn't need to buy me anything but she insisted.

She took me to my favorite store and had me trying on all kinds of outfits. Since she was insistent I picked out one thing but she decided she wanted to buy me more and bought two sweaters and a pair of pants.

That in and of itself was very nice but it got even better. After she paid for the clothes she turned to me (in front of all the people), gave me a hug and a kiss, and told me I deserved it because I was a great mom!

There have been many years that easy child/difficult child has never even said happy birthday to me and some where she even told me how much she hated me so this was really nice. On my actual birthday she stayed up til I got home to wish me a happy birthday.

She is slowly growing up:) I'm seeing lots of improvements in many areas, of course, it's slow progress because she still goes off into difficult child mode often but the progress is so great to see!!!

Just had to share!

InsaneCdn

There are some things about some of our difficult children that are only solved by time and the maturity it can bring. This looks like one of those... which means, there's more good things to come!

buddy

:cheers:in my opinion it means even so much more than any non-difficult child who would have done the exact same thing. Just so special. AND inspiring. Thanks for sharing

Kathy813

Staff member
That is awesome!! Enjoy the moment. Buddy was right . . . things like this are even more special when they come from our challenging children.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks Ladies,
I knew you would understand how special this was to me. It's definitely a moment to cherish. Now I just need the weather to cool down so I can wear the clothes:)

Also thanks for the birthday wishes. I had the most amazing day. My students made me a book and I went out to dinner with my team from work (husband took me out the night before). difficult child even made me a really sweet card. Of course, I ate way too much but hopefully I'm back on the straight and narrow now! Also I have worked out the last three days in a row so hopefully that is helping with all the off track eating I did last week!

susiestar

Roll With It
that is WONDERFUL!!!!!

I agree that it means so much more coming from a child with difficult child/difficult child tendencies. Esp after all the years she treated you badly on your birthday!

She is growing up and I am sure she is an amazing young woman. You and husband have done an awesome job as parents.

I am glad the rest of the day was so special. that is exactly what you deserve!!!!! As for the off track eating, the splurge was worth it and well deserved.