Emily (THE Bachelorette) is now dating a NASCAR guy...oh my!

DDD

Figured we could use a light hearted dumb thread, lol. Yep Emily is not going to be living happily ever after with ...hmmm...what was his name? Jef, maybe? Just saw the "big" news on AOL so thought I'd share.

And totally unrelated Watercooler topic...yes, I did watch Diane Sawyers video that resulted in so many tweets. Yep! Diane is almost as old as I am but looks like one of my daughters. I surely would not ever want to judge a peer. on the other hand, I think maybe Cutty got to her last night. It happens. DDD

DammitJanet

Not Jeff Gordon? He is married with two kids. I realize that men cheat but NASCAR tends to be very family oriented and that would be bad for business. I havent heard of him getting divorced or even leaving his wife. Now, Jimmy Johnson...Im not sure if he is married or not. Could it have been him? He is a 5 time champion and fixing to be 6. She could do worse.

Actually she could do a lot worse than dating a NASCAR driver. Dating anyone in Hollywood is worse.

Nancy

I had heard about her breakup with Jef with one "f" a few weeks ago but hadn't heard about her new flame.

I haven't seen Diane Sawyer's video but I'll go look for it, I've heard quite a few comments about it. But I did watch her on the news tonight and it does seem like something is off with her, she seems to hesitate at odd times. I wonder if there is some medical condition going on.

OK I just found some clips, some were taken down by the network. It certainly does appear as though she started celebrating early. Poor George looked a bit uncomfortable sitting there.

DDD

Allegedly her boyfriend is Jason somebody...maybe Jason White? Jef was the future husband from the tv program.

My husband said tonight "maybe" Diane has a medical problem, Nancy. That's more than possible but personally I'd prefer that she continues to have a long healthy life and just had too much scotch last night. DDD

DammitJanet

There is a Jason White but he isnt one of the big names. Now not knowing this Emily gal because I am not a Bachelorette fan, I still would wish on her a much more famous driver...lol. But alas, they are probably all taken!

buddy

Q says he drives a truck number 23 when I asked who he was...LOL He knew right away! He asked if she could date Danika Patrick like he wants to....haha

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Diane was fine tonight. Maybe she was just exhausted the other night. Personally, I don't know how some of those anchors have the stamina to do it. George, especially. He was on GMA that morning, then most of the night with election results and back on GMA the next morning. He is amazing...and also a couple of decades younger than Diane. lol

I really couldn't care less about Emily or who she is playing with now. I saw something on AOL today that said Cheryl Burke (DWTS) wants to be the next Bachelorette. Wouldn't that be a hoot? Cheryl seems to be someone who has true fans (me) and people who can't stand her- kind of like Emily. We could have some interesting threads if she's chosen!

Suz

pasajes4

I wonder if it is one of the other bachelors. There was one who was a nascar driver. Maybe they reconnected.

DDD

I agree on the energy level needed for that job. Actually...for real...that is the part of "maturing" that bothers me most. Up until the last couple of years I was able to work ten hours a day, fix serve clean up dinner, supervise night activities (often attended meetings at night) and still had the energy to serch the city during the night to locate difficult child.
I can live with fading hair color, extra weight around the middle etc. etc. but it really bugs me not to be able to keep up the pace I need to maintain. I think Diane and Barbara are totally outstanding role models for younger women.

OMG...Cheryl??? Could they really find enough self confident men to appear on the show with her? I'd love it. DDD

Nancy

I hear you DDD, hardest thing for me to accept is that I am faded out by 9pm and can no longer walk the length of the mall and shop without looking for every available bench.

C

Castle Queen

I had heard on the radio the other day that Cheryl Burke was getting her own reality show and...this is what I heard now...it wasn't too bad.