Everytime I ask difficult child...

F

flutterbee

...to do something around the house, she always complains that she has a headache, or her legs hurt or something.

So, I think I'm going to have to change my approach. I'm going to first offer her advil, then she was asks why and says her head doesn't hurt, I'm going to say, "Good. Empty the dishwasher."

:rofl:

Andy

Oh how I miss calling up those cute little smiley guys rolling on the floor laughing. (Can't figure it out using the right clicker instead of the left)

Now that is what I call parenting! Great idea!

F

flutterbee

Well, I can't call it my own idea. Remember Andrew Dice Clay...the crass comedian from the 80's? He had a similar bit only it didn't involve children or cleaning. Ahem.

difficult child has been coming to me all evening saying she's bored. When I asked her to empty the dishwasher, she flopped onto the chair and said her head hurts. And I instantly thought of that bit by Clay.

Adrianne - You can get those emoticons without clicking. They have code.

Just type : rofl : (without the spaces) and you get :rofl:

or : hammer : (without the spaces) and you get :hammer:

or : devil : :devil:

When you look at the emoticons, the text next to them is what you type in to get them.

Andy

:rofl: Did that work? I hope so!

I think I made my way to the "ahem" when I thought, we can use that on our husband's to get them to do work around the house. Then I thought what if they use it on us? "Ahem"

:rofl: :hammer:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Heather, what a truly wonderful idea.

Adrianne, tell husband housework is a known aphrodisiac...see if that helps.

Mom2oddson

I like your idea. I had a different approach. Mine was meaner. "Oh, you better get to bed. The best way to cure a headache/leg pains is sleep. Good-night. I love you." For some reason the thought of going to bed at 3 in the afternoon cured the headache.