Falling apart...

neednewtechnique

I agree with the earlier statement that telling her to figure it out on her own would have been exactly my response! The truth is, she is right! Seems that one minute we are their punching bag, and in the very next breath they ask for a favor. And the REALLY sad part is, there are those "sensitive" moments when I choose to go ahead and try to help her anyway, regardless of the attitude, and it gets me NOWHERE except lead into more attitude.

Example...this morning, difficult child is getting ready for school, she is crabby since the minute she opened her eyes. Nearly refused to get out of bed... THEN I hear her whine down at me from the top of the staircase that she has "nothing to wear" so I decided to be the nice guy today and I went up and happily tried to help her. Of course I am in the back of her very large walk in closet pulling things out trying to put an outfit together and instead of standing there with me, looking at the options, she is out in her room sitting on her bed just staring at the wall waiting for me to bring everything out to her. I told her if she wanted me to help she needed to come into the closet with me and look at the things I was pulling to see if any of it would work. She got very nasty with me and I finally had to tell her to find her own clothes. At that point, she threatened to go to school in her bra and underwear, so I went back downstairs and got her shoes and took them to her room and my words were "okay, sounds good, make sure you pick out a nice matching set if you are going to be letting everyone see them, and don't forget to wear socks with your tennis shoes so you don't get blisters on your feet." After that, a VERY CUTE outfit mysteriously appeared and she was dressed when she came back downstairs. At which point she made a point of telling me that she needed to do a load of laundry after school (this is part of a learning process we have been going through and she does quite well with her laundry, when she remembers to do it.)

It is so strange that they think that they can be SO mean and hateful to us, then expect us to do them favors! Trust me, you aren't alone, and it really is AGGRAVATING and you just want to tell them, I'm done, you do it yourself.