Finally some happier memories...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
While out in the garden this past weekend before kt's respite blew up I was enjoying nature, the flowers & the birds.

AND happy memories of husband came to mind. Moving into this home - how happy we were that we had a yard. I remember how much time & effort & fun we had planning our first salsa garden. husband's infamous secret salsa recipe ~ everyone loved it. How husband fell in love with Sally (who's now 14) & built her a better patio than we had at the time complete with fencing. husband's joy at becoming a dad.

Ladies I had to stop there because with the joy of becoming a dad came the heartbreak & stress of parenting a difficult child. husband struggled with that immensely.

My therapist recommend the book "I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye". It's a book for people who have had a sudden death in their lives. I've only read 2 chapters & have had to put it down. Things are still very raw - almost a physical pain. I was so glad to have a reprieve from that pain & sadness this past weekend. I gardened (as best I could) & sat, watched the birds. I'm hoping to get back to my painting soon.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Glad some happy memories are shining thru.......thank you also for mentioning the book title....... sounds like good reading for you....... thinking of you as you move forward........

maril

I am thinking of you, too, and am glad that you had a break from the pain and grief. Lots of hugs and wishes for strength and peace for you, kt, and wm.

busywend

The memories become bittersweet. You will be able to smile while the tears flow.

I am glad you got to enjoy some memories of the garden and yard.

HUGS!

Abbey

Spork Queen
You know, sometimes it's hard to find those 'happy' moments, but they occur at the most odd times. Enjoy them when they come, dear.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It's so nice when those happy memories start punching their way thru the grief and pain. Enjoy them when they come. I'm glad you got some time alone to be outside and savor some good memories of husband. :)

Hugs

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I find with time that the happy memories come more freely, and with less and less pain. That first year was a bear. All those "first _____ without", but you know, the anticipation of those eventsholidays was far worse than the actual event/holiday. Most of the time we ended up reminiscing and having a great time at whatever the event/holiday was, despite the trepidation leading up to it.

I'm so glad you had a moment of happy memories. It does happen, and will happen more. Many, many hugs.